future destinations from Knock Airport West

View previous topic View next topic Go down

future destinations from Knock Airport West

Post by bluefishJD on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 11:39

Hi all just a quick question or should i say thought or even a rant! - Is there any word or buzz of Ryanair ever extending there list of destinations from Knock Airport West - as in - to eastern europe / other Spanish area's? Is it not a win win situation with such a large population of eastern europeans living over here on the west coast of Ireland looking to fly home ever so often cheaply (or irish holiday makers looking for that something DIFFERENT in a holiday) - we fly to poland at least three times a year and living in the West of Ireland it would be handy rather than having to include a drive, car parking fees and a hotel ever time we want to go away! I know flights won't start popping up just for lowly me out of Knock but am sure as more eastern european countries start becoming the new "torremolino's" and "Santa Ponsa's" of the irish holiday makers sun holiday choice these destinations would become more popular? Wonder does anyone else think the same? By the way not knocking Ryanair or Dublin Airport in anyway - I think what he has done to make air travel more affordable is great and always find Dublin airport a breeze to get through on short and long haul flights.
bluefishJD
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: future destinations from Knock Airport West

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 15:43

Knock is not a Ryanair base (and it most likely never will be), so it doesn't get new routes willy-nilly like Dublin, Cork, Kerry or Belfast. Any new routes have to come from another base, and since there is only one Eastern European base (Kaunas) it's unlikely that there would be any routes to E. Europe. Unless, of course new bases start springing up in E. Europe.
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by benbulbin on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 14:21

Hi bluefishJD - there is a survey link on the homepage of the Ireland West Airport website at the moment where you can suggest new routes, observations. Might be worth filling out.

http://irelandwestairport.com/track_banner.aspx?code=Code29&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.surveymonkey.com%2fs%2fHRB3NFS
benbulbin
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top