robbery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

robbery

Post by impissedoff on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 11:49

I arrived at Stanstead airport with my check in regularly printed.
At the gate, I realized there was an error: I selected a different nationality. So, I was asked to go to a desk and pay 40 pounds to amend my check in.
This happened to STANSTEAD airport.
The same error was in my return check in, and so I was asked to go to the desk to amend my check in. This time, I was in Madrid airport. In Madrid, I went to the desk, they amended my check and I was NOT asked to pay any cash.
I don't understand if the robber is Ryanair on Stanstead airport, or both.
impissedoff
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: robbery

Post by j2op on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 15:28

Or yourself? Ryanair is very strict: you had to control your data very good. If you had seen your mistake you had just to call the callcenter and ask for a free (you have just to pay your call, calling by voip a landline is cheaper than cheap) change.

Unfortunately you have to look after your things very good if you wish to fly with ryanair.
Next time better.
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by impissedoff on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 16:13

Unfortunately, I wasn't told I can give a call and get the change for free.
30 mins before the gate closing, I was told I must go to the desk. That's all.
impissedoff
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 18:38

It's nobody else's fault but yours. Granted it was a mistake, but you should always check and re-check your details when booking and checking-in online! (In fact, a message even comes up telling you to re-check your details when you click the 'Check-in' button, because 'There is NO un-do')

Ryanair cannot be held accountable for your mistake, so please don't complain about something that is not their fault. The staff in Madrid did you a favour by not charging £/€40. It is Ryanair policy that if a passenger needs their boarding pass re-printed, they must pay that fee.
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 21:32

impissedoff wrote:Unfortunately, I wasn't told I can give a call and get the change for free.
30 mins before the gate closing, I was told I must go to the desk. That's all.
Welcome to Ryanair my friend. That's all we do love and hate this company for. That's why every trip is some kind of experience because you never know if you will be charge for something you've misunderstood or didn't read about Very Happy
To be honest, I'm really sorry for that. Why they've charged you and others have not? Well, as you may see every country is different. So every airport does too. Seems they are not so stressed in FR's tricks as much as those in Stansted are.
Next time try to spend that 30 minutes to read all instructions, manuals, tips & tricks on the website, confirmation mail and others.

BTW, that is interesting. There are no document number nor even document type printed on the boarding card anymore. But there are nationality, something less probable to be mistaken... Otherwise on your case you might say you have two passports. The system is asking you on your nationality not the nationality printed on your ID. This way you could say you're under XXX nationality but you have other document which you're presenting and you've checked yourself in Very Happy OK, just joking, but I'm curious how would the FR staff deal with that? Very Happy
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by impissedoff on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 23:00

It is not a matter to read instructions, manuals, tips & tricks on the website.
My mistake was not in a procedure, but just in selecting an option.

While Stansted airport charged me to reprint the check-in, the spanish one
didn't reprint it and din't charge me. The spanish operator just had a quick look to my passport to verify my nationality,
put a seal on my check-in and everything was fine. Less that 30 seconds. No special procedures.

The same issue happened in Oslo to a colleague: just a seal on the check-in and everything was fine.
impissedoff
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 23:52

Well it is indeed your fault. If you checked your nationality there was no problem at all, nor at stansted nor at madrid...
Next time call the call center (40 min before, it is free of charge for the change you pay just the call)
Next time better
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 16:01

Well... many people think that aviation business is like a brain surgery - everywhere is exact same procedure and everything is transparent. But it's not.
I give you my own example. I was traveling on the route Wroc³aw - Alicante - Madrid - Porto - Madrid - Palma de Mallorca - Madrid - Alicante - Wroc³aw in january. Everywhere there was no problem with my hand baggage but the last step Alicante - Wroc³aw. The baggage was even smaller than on previous Madrid-Alicante step where it's been checked twice by the staff members. But this time the staff in Alicante said it's to large. This situation is more funny when I add that the same staff members was doing a boarding procedure on the Alicante - Madrid route two days before. That to days before they also have questioned my friend's boarding card which in their words was "too small". Two days later the boarding card in exactly same sizes was perfectly large.

That's why I've written few posts before - every trip is kind of experience because you never know what may happen next flight Very Happy
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 17:03

I think that the trolley example is a little bit OT however, I've invested in a samsonite trolley that just falls in the FR basket (once 89€+strap 6£+ balance 10,98£...when it is too big I just wrap a strap that tightens up the trolley to the original size.
I check the check-in procedure at least 2 times, if possible with another person (ok paranoia border ), but doing so I flew with ryanair often for just 1 cent...
If you check your things you won't be stopped. It could be a courtesy of the madrid staff but it wasn't your right...
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 12:28

Well... many people think that aviation business is like a brain surgery - everywhere is exact same procedure and everything is transparent. But it's not....................................................................
I AGREE Amnesia

Oh yes and that includes aviation in general.. some countries use different terminology for flight levels app and deps lol even pilots get confused at times Aviation and flight rules should be universal and thats it. Im sure pilots have enough to contend with has it is .

Back on the ground....
Why any one airline cannot adapt a set procedure so their staff and pax wherever they are can understand it baffles me, life can be so much easier if all rules and regulations are followed regardless of what counrty you are in.

still read and read and make sure all info is correct before purchasing any ticket and printing of a boarding pass.... may save money in the future.

some people still don't know what 10kgs mean lol or the size of hand held baggage... and when they are asked to pay because they are over.. yep they kick off... makes me laff at times.

To pass the time me and whovever are flying play a game we sit near the departing gate and look at the hand held luggage and the amount of bags one person is carrying ... will that bag go or be stopped lol will the staff realise they have more than one bag.. . dublins good for this and brussels .
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:47

Have you traveled to such places like Hahn or Sandefjord and met passengers who after arrival realised themself they have about 100+km more to travel? This is another LCC's traveling aspect Wink
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 23:57

Hahn is good nice hotel facing the terminal and good hot dogs and pizza sold till late just outside arrivals... been there done that.. then we take a return day trip on the coach to frankfurt train station via frankfurt main .. great weekend out.. pity manchester to hahn flights stopped..i'm sure they will be back.

travel is a matter of pre planning .. i think this is the fun part... some don't bother...
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 22:10

Hehe, but my point was, that some people don't plan and they even don't realise those airports are so far from described destination. Some even are coming to wrong airport thinking they should depart here. There was some story about a woman getting to Düsseldorf thinking she will fly with Ryanair. Well, what can I say? Many people are not interesting about some details they supposed to know. OK, I was the same on my beginings Very Happy
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by AirAustria on Wed 14 Apr 2010 - 21:59

I had nearly the same thing in STN...

I did web-checkin for STN-BTS 2 weeks before flight. Then - on friday evening I did want to reprint the boarding pass and all the passport-datas I entered were missing. It wasn't possible to enter the passport-datas and the call-center was already closed. So I thought there will be no problems in STN - I went to the counter and the agent told me to pay 40GBP... I didn't pay as there was an error in the web-checkin system. after 10 mins and telling me there's no possibility to fly without paying the 40GBP she called someone (i thought she's calling the security as she told me around 10 times "sir, please step to the side - i have to serve other customers"). after the call she took my boarding pass, stamped and signed it and told me to go to the check-in counter. so i didn't have to pay the 40gbp

But handling staff in STN is horrible
AirAustria
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top