25 min connection @ BHD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25 min connection @ BHD

Post by bravoromeosierra on Sun 25 Apr 2010 - 11:31

I was wandering if anyone would comment on my plan- I was going to try
and depart/arrive from Belfast City on the Ryanair 25 minute turnaround.

I was going to arrive on the flight from Stansted then get back on
the same aircraft that then operates the flight to BRS.

I've seen before that when arriving at the Ryanair gates at
Belfast, its possible to rejoin the boarding line for the next flight on
the aircraft you've arrived on without having to leave the departure lounge.

Its pretty crazy, and theoretically possible- just an option I'm
looking at anyway. Thanks.
bravoromeosierra
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 min connection @ BHD

Post by Joe Bloggs on Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 2:03

I can`t see how your plan will work.

When your plane lands you`ve got to get off go through arrivals, then go through security and then get to the gate before it closes (supposedly 40 mins before departure time).

Best to book a seat on a later plane as a back up...
Joe Bloggs
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 10:11

bravoromeosierra wrote:I was wandering if anyone would comment on my plan- I was going to try
and depart/arrive from Belfast City on the Ryanair 25 minute turnaround.

when arriving at the Ryanair gates at
Belfast, its possible to rejoin the boarding line for the next flight on
the aircraft you've arrived on without having to leave the departure lounge.

If it is possible at Belfast City to join the boarding queue coming straight from the arrival door, it's physically possible to board the return flight.
But is it allowed ? that is another question. Are the boarding passes checked when going through the security ? I don't know the procedures, which can vary from an airport to another.
It would be interesting to know how it all turned out - don't forget to tell us !
Anyway, as said Joe Blogg, better for you to have a contingency plan.
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 18:32

Why lol is it a personnal challenge? i suppose it is possible but would never advise it.. there are several flights from belfast to stansted daily so why not spend a little time there.
like yourself i do the hopping too but normally pass through Dublin .. 25mins would not be possible there lol..
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Fri 7 May 2010 - 2:13

Well, to be honest the 25 minutes turnaround is possible in many LCCs airports. Even in some bases like Bergamo, Charleroi or Skavsta. You just have to be first leaving the aircraft, fully prepared to go through the security with as small stop as possible (even asking people before you to skip the queue) and get to the gate not as a first person in the queue.
I know it's possible in Bologna. I'm quite sure it also would be in smaller airports like for example Wroc│aw, Santiago de Compostella, Reus or Santander.
The other type of airports are those allowing you transfers. Two of them are Madrid, Bacelona ElPrat, Palma de Mallorca or Torp. In Madrid all FR boardings are in old terminal building. If you getting there by bus, you leaving it at the lower level. Then you have to find "transfer" sign before you get to the baggage reclaim area. Those lead you to the upper flor - the normal area of boarding gates. The even simplier situation is when you leave the aircraft by apron. Then you are directly into the boarding gates area so getting to the proper gate may take you even 40 seconds Wink
This way I traveled the Alicante - Madrid - Santiago/Porto routes. The stopovers and the flights back even allow me to get to the airside and get some easy sleep avoiding night-crowds in the landside Wink
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Yes it is possible, if the airport is small.

Post by APBI on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:10

I managed to fly Madrid-Verona and return (same plane), after checking through the security. The reason for the trip was to accompany a child, you know Ryanair does not take children flying solo. You do not have plenty of time, but if you are alert and resolute, and ready to jump the security clearance queue, you can do it. Maybe Verona-Madrid Verona would be something else, because Madrid is a larger airport.
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top