Priority boarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Priority boarding

Post by Jasmine-de-paul on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 11:24

Hi I booked all three of us my husband, self and 2 year old son on the priority boarding as i am worried we will not get to sit together - i'm sure this is only to board the plane and not for seats?

Should i be worried that we won't get to sit together with our son on a 4.5 hr flight?

thanks
avatar
Jasmine-de-paul
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Location : edinburgh
Registration date : 2010-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by MrHoyt on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 11:46

no
avatar
MrHoyt
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 74
Location : sweden
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by atoutprix on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 14:22

If you have bought the "priority boarding", you will be amongst the first to board the plane and you'll have the choice of seats - no problem to find three seats in a row. I have never seen more than 20-25 pax in the "priority" file, the top limit is 90 priority passengers, and there are 189 seats in the B737.
If in doubt, send your husband in front, he will keep the seats for you.
Even if you are late on board, you can still manage by requesting fellow passengers to change seats with you - there are always kind persons ready to oblige.
avatar
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Location : Brussels, Belgium (nearest FR base : BRU)
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by Jasmine-de-paul on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 15:31

thanks ever so much thats been very helpful :-)
avatar
Jasmine-de-paul
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Location : edinburgh
Registration date : 2010-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 20:59

alot of the flights we have been on especially to the canaries can get pretty full but never 100%.. with a young child i would say you have your priorities correct for peace of mind... im sure you will get priority for free because of the age of your child. maybe some here can advise.
avatar
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Location : Manchester(EGCC)
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by prince258 on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 21:25

atoutprix wrote:If you have bought the "priority boarding", you will be amongst the first to board the plane and you'll have the choice of seats - no problem to find three seats in a row. I have never seen more than 20-25 pax in the "priority" file, the top limit is 90 priority passengers, and there are 189 seats in the B737.
If in doubt, send your husband in front, he will keep the seats for you.
Even if you are late on board, you can still manage by requesting fellow passengers to change seats with you - there are always kind persons ready to oblige.

I had always a doubt.

The priority boarding is checked at the gate and not
at the moment of boarding in the plane.

If the path from the gate to the plane is made using
a shuttle aboard the shuttle could be either passengers
with priority boarding and passengers without priority
boarding (considering the low number of passengers with
priority boarding).

In this case, considering no further check is done, as
is guaranteed the priority boarding ?

If priority boarding is not guaranteed spending is useless.

Kindly someone help me to clarify ?
avatar
prince258
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Location : Genoa, Italy
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by missy2010 on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 0:41

We often fly with Ryanair, and like previous people have said above, there are never that many in the priority line. It is often worthwhile not buying priority, but getting towards the front of the Other Q.
A couple of weeks ago we flew from Ibiza to Birmingham and a bus was required to reach the aircraft, and we were on the same bus as priority (there weren't more than 10 on priority), and managed to board before some of the priority passengers! In answer to prince258's question, the cabin crew do not check priority or not, they just want to board the passengers as quickly as possible without hassle. The only place it is checked is at the boarding gate.

Hope this helps.
avatar
missy2010
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Location : UK
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by Ryanairflyer on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 2:21

Here are views on priority ... and i'm totally against it because it is a scam... but with children so young as two flights i have been on give the family priority anyway.. and rightly so....

views on a different thread http://ryanair.site-forums.com/ryanair-experience-f7/priority-boarding-t964.htm?sid=2f4e8e62e311d39793c11121adc43fc0


ive said it before priority should mean a seat number
avatar
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Location : Manchester(EGCC)
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by prince258 on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 11:16

missy2010 wrote:We often fly with Ryanair, and like previous people have said above, there are never that many in the priority line. It is often worthwhile not buying priority, but getting towards the front of the Other Q.
A couple of weeks ago we flew from Ibiza to Birmingham and a bus was required to reach the aircraft, and we were on the same bus as priority (there weren't more than 10 on priority), and managed to board before some of the priority passengers! In answer to prince258's question, the cabin crew do not check priority or not, they just want to board the passengers as quickly as possible without hassle. The only place it is checked is at the boarding gate.

Hope this helps.

First of all thanks for the reply.

I understand that if a bus is used to reach the
aircraft the priority boarding would useless.

Pay for a service that is not guaranteed is not
pleasant.

Ryanair should improve this service or not offer
this option.

Until Ryanair not guarantee this service I not
use the priority boarding for my next flights.

Prince258
avatar
prince258
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Location : Genoa, Italy
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by atoutprix on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 12:38

prince258 wrote:

I understand that if a bus is used to reach the
aircraft the priority boarding would useless.


Firstly, being carried to the aircraft in a bus is not that frequent.
It doesn't happen at Dublin, Stansted, Charleroi, Girona, to name but a few.
Nor in Spain (often through an air bridge).
A bus is often (not always) used in Italy : Roma, Bergamo, etc.
It happens (not always either) that a bus is reserved for the priority passengers, or part of the first bus, part whose doors are opened first at the aircraft.
Standing at the head of the "Other Q" often means standing quite a long time, half an hour or so...
avatar
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Location : Brussels, Belgium (nearest FR base : BRU)
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by prince258 on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 13:15

atoutprix wrote:
prince258 wrote:

I understand that if a bus is used to reach the
aircraft the priority boarding would useless.


Firstly, being carried to the aircraft in a bus is not that frequent.
It doesn't happen at Dublin, Stansted, Charleroi, Girona, to name but a few.
Nor in Spain (often through an air bridge).
A bus is often (not always) used in Italy : Roma, Bergamo, etc.
It happens (not always either) that a bus is reserved for the priority passengers, or part of the first bus, part whose doors are opened first at the aircraft.
Standing at the head of the "Other Q" often means standing quite a long time, half an hour or so...

Thanks for the good news !!

My next flights with Ryanair are to destinations
where the bus is not used.

Trusting your information for these destinations
I use the priority boarding option.

I hope not spend money unnecessarily.

Prince258
avatar
prince258
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Location : Genoa, Italy
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Priority boarding

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum