Allergic to nuts, what is Ryanair's policy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allergic to nuts, what is Ryanair's policy?

Post by Skifly on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:46

Next Wednesday I will fly with Ryanair from Norrk÷ping to Alicante.
Unfortunately my son is very allergic to nuts (motley peanuts), so I wonder what is Ryanair's policy when it comes to banning nuts onboard a given flight.
Does it work to just tell the cabin crew when boarding, or do I have to make some pre-notification?
This is the first time my son is traveling, so we have not had this problem before.

Very grateful for answers! Smile
Skifly
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Allergic to nuts, what is Ryanair's policy?

Post by atoutprix on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 17:00

Here is what one can find on the Ryanair website :

Please be aware that we cannot guarantee a peanut free aircraft as other passengers may bring their own peanut products onboard and some of our snacks onboard may contain traces of nuts.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/are-peanuts-nuts-used-in-the-meals-snacks-on-board-ryanair-flights-i-have-a-nut-allergy-and-want-to-know-if-ryanair-have-a-policy-on-using-nuts-within-their-meals
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Skifly on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 19:29

I read that page earlier, but thanks anyway! Smile

According to their website they can not guarantee a peanut free aircraft, but if I tell the cabin crew during boarding, I hope they can inform all other passengers through the speaker system. And also, does Ryanairs menu contain peanuts? If it does, I suppose that they do non sell any if I tell them.
Does anyone have some experience with this?
Skifly
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ringstaartmaki on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 19:54

Hi,

Sorry I have no answers but keep us informed about what they did/done when you returned !!
Quite strange for me,never expierced this problem but think it's quite interesting !
Keep us informed !! THX !
The Maki
ringstaartmaki
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1981 on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 22:45

In this case you are suppose to advise the cabin crew at the airport. they will make an announcement on the flight that there is an allergic person and ask the passengers not to consume any nuts that they brought on board and they will not sell any nut products on that flight. however as you know some products may contain traces of nuts even if it's not specified and also the passengers can disregard the announcement and still consume them. in this case you should bring an epi pen just in case. usualy in this situation you are suppose to contact the call center and advise them of this, that way you will not have any problems bringing the epi pen on board and also the agents in the call center will advise the airport about the nut allergy.
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Skifly on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 23:25

Thank you so much for your answer!
The Doctors have decided that he do not need an epi pen, as there is (in his case) not life threatening. But for his own, it is a very nasty experience, when the stomach reacts and he vomits constantly (only by breathing the air). So because we do not need a permission for a epi pen, I have not called the Ryanair call center.
I will contact the cabin crew at the airport, and hopefully everything will work as planned!

Once again, thank you! Very Happy
Skifly
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top