Children under 10 hand luggage Rule.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children under 10 hand luggage Rule.

Post by rehmh05 on Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 23:27

Hi there, this is the first time I'm travelling with ryanair and i have a few problems. Firstly my friend (taxi driver) who travels a lot told me that if travelling with family the 10kg luggage u can take per person implies 2 all over 10 years of age. This sounded daft at first but then he told the reason saying that under 10's can't manage their luggage so u can't take it and u can't leave at airport unless u pay ú300 for it or something like this due 2 security reasons. I couldn't find anything close to this and was wondering if any1 knows and can explain in detail with links if possible. This will cause problems since if will reduce 20kg hand luggage already packed and we have nearly fulled the checked bag (15kg) I would really like some help in this matter asap .

Also Ryanair states that you can have bag (checked) of heoght 119x81x119. i was wondering if you can change the dimensions as i have bag that is under 119 width but bigger than the 180. it's one of the wide suit cases it's under all measurements but dimensions are different will thet b O.K

Thanks in advance 4 reply.
rehmh05
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Children under 10 hand luggage Rule.

Post by anna1981 on Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 10:07

the hand luggage is allowed for all pax over 2 years old but it has to be per person to per party (for example if there are 3 pax travelling there have to be 3 bags of 10 kg not one of 20 kg and one of 10 kg).
the dimentions of the checked in bag can't be altered so if you have a bag of 180x40x110 that's not possible, each dimension has to be under 118x118x81 (the shape doesn't matter)
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rehmh05 on Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 13:48

Thank you very much for the reply, that sounds right however it is true that under 10's can't manage their bags so are you allowed 2 carry their bags 4 them like a 3 yr old little girl's. Once again thanks 4 ure help.
rehmh05
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top