problem with booking a child

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem with booking a child

Post by jhscann on Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 13:50

Hello - I live in Finland and have to collect a child from the UK and bring him back here. I booked my first return journey (FIN to UK), though when I then try to book for the child, the site tells me that I cannot book for him alone.

Can I just book him as an adult and then sort things out at the airport - or will there be a problem / extra charges? He will NOT be travelling alone as I will be with him the whole journey - however we will be on different booking numbers.

The issue is that I need 2 return journeys to collect him from and then return to the UK - whereas the child only needs one return to get to Finland and then to the UK... so I could not book him for just one portion of each journey (i.e. my first return - and then my second outbound). I hope this makes sense Surprised)

Please respond quickly if you can help me!
jhscann
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: problem with booking a child

Post by anna1981 on Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 15:45

Usually when we are talking about childern being linked to an adult's booking you are suppose to contact the call center. they will make the booking for you (you will pay the web price) and cross reference his booking to your booking. you could book him as an adult but you will have a problem when you check him in on line (when you enter the date of birth the system will not let you continue with the check in) and in this case you will have to call them to have them enter the date of birth on booking. So either you call them and do everything over the phone or you book him as an adult and then call them to enter the date of birth on the booking and to cross reference the 2 bookings.
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top