CHEATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CHEATED

Post by Neil Theasby on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 2:10

At short notice, I had to fly to Ireland to attend my brother's funeral. We were flying in and out of Knock from Leeds/Bradford. If I had known about the airport's nasty "developmental fee" of ten euros per passenger, we would have travelled by ferry from Holyhead. I think that it is an absolute disgrace that Ryanair make no effort to inform their hardworking passengers of this extra fee. What kind of customer service is that? So even though this is a "Fanforum" for Ryanair, I would like to stress that regarding straightforward communication and accessibility the airline is a total disgrace.
Neil Theasby
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: CHEATED

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 9:57

The charge has nothing whatsoever to do with Ryanair, so it is not their, or any other airline's responsibility to tell you about it.
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Theasby on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 11:17

To say that this charge has nothing to do with Ryanair is at one level correct but decent customer service would ensure that Ryanair travellers were aware of this obligatory tax. On the leaflet they provide at the developmental fees desk in Knock it says that the airport authorities have requested that all airlines using Knock Airport should inform fliers on all documentation that they will face this charge. Why have Ryanair chosen not to do this? The answer is simply to keep their own customers in the dark in case they decide to make alternative travel plans. As I said before - it is a total disgrace.
Neil Theasby
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 11:29

Knock airport have had that charge for a number of years now. There is other airports that have it too like Newquay I believe. Also Blackpool introduced it, so Ryanair pulled out.

Due to certain conditions, Ryanair have to use Knock. Regardless, plus the charge is quite clearly stated on the Knock website. http://www.irelandwestairport.com/airportguide/airportdevelopmentfee.aspx

Also it says if you unaware contact them.

How was your flight anyway?
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Theasby on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 11:42

I have travelled with Ryanair many times - I am sure far more than Mushroom and neilk2304 put together. As usual the flight was fine. Regarding the official highway robbery at Knock, why should anyone need to check out an airport's website before flying? It isn't a condition of flying and I was in a terrible rush - coming to Ireland for my brother's funeral. However Mushroom - given your tip I shall now be contacting Knock Airport and futilely seeking a refund. In the meantime Ryanair should stop treating their passengers like manure. It wouldn't be difficult for them to alert passengers about the developmental charge. I repeat - it is an absolute disgrace.
Neil Theasby
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 13:29

The ten euros fee at Knock airport is a very old story, already discussed on this forum, about one year ago :
http://ryanair.site-forums.com/ryanair-experience-f7/irish-airports-development-tax-knock-airport-t941.htm?highlight=knock
I would have thought that every Knock passenger were aware of it by now.
Ryanair has nothing to do with that tax ...
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Theasby on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 20:20

aboutprix - It may be an old story but I repeat I have never flown in and out of Knock before so had absolutely no idea about this charge but I would have known if Ryanair had told me - simple as that! They may have "nothing to do with that tax" but good heavens they are deliberately keeping their own passengers in the dark over this charge. It remains an absolute disgrace and a shameful abrogation of the customary Irish hospitality.

Last edited by Neil Theasby on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)
Neil Theasby
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 21:03

"Considering that I fly every single day at least twice, I think you'll find you're wrong there!"

Bloody hell, what do you do for a living that allows you to fly so much??
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 21:34

A job on a FR plane =]
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan