[HELP] Connecting flights at BGY (Bergamo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HELP] Connecting flights at BGY (Bergamo)

Post by vienna on Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 22:18

I hope someone can help me with my question - hopefully there's somebody here who knows the Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport very well.

I would plan to fly from BTS to BGY, arriving at 20:15. Do you think there's any chance to reach a flight to MAD at 21.00?
I changed already some times at this airport, but I think there were some changes in the past and I'm not sure if you need to leave the gate..
I just remember crazy security controls (or more like luggage controls) and a very long queue.

So as there any chance or absolutely no hope to reach this flight (when the one before is on-time or ahead of sch.)

Thanks for your help!
Thomas

Last edited by vienna on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 19:53; edited 2 times in total
vienna
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: [HELP] Connecting flights at BGY (Bergamo)

Post by j2op on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 19:01

45 minutes? mmm it is a little...There are many legends about a transit stair near the toilets in the bagage belts area but i think iýve never seen.
Queue's are normally long but are quite quick, however just 10 min too late and it could be disastrous to wait 15 minutes in the queue.
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 13:45

(I guess you have no hold luggage - if you have, forget it !)
If your first flight is on time, I think it's possible to catch your flight to Madrid.
Take a seat near the front door, so as to be quickly out at BGY, and take the first bus to the terminal (sometimes, the transfer is by foot, thus it's still more important to be amongst the first to exit).
In two or three minutes, you'll go from "arrival" to the security check (to the left). The can be a queue there, but it's usually rather fast. If you are really short on time, try to ask for a priority passage, it usually works ...
The gates are on the upper floor, but if you hurry, in a short time, you'll reach the appropriate gate.
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 16:10

It still seems hard for me. This is the time that a lot of italians go on holliday...There will be also a lot of people not used to fly with FR standards,causing more time spending...
IF everything is going ok then it wouldn't be too difficult, but, just a little bit late in arriving and you could be in a lot of problems, If everything goes ok then it would be fine
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top