Book musical instrument at airport only one way???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Book musical instrument at airport only one way???

Post by StooB on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 19:45

Hi, I am flying tomorrow and the help lines are now closed Sad

I have booked a return flight and want to check in a guitar but only on the return flight. It costs £80 online because of the return flight, but does anyone know if I can check it in at the airport on the return and so just pay the one way fee?

I believe according to Ryanair's website that adding the musical instrument at the airport will cost me £50. So, can I check it in at the airport on the way back and will it just cost me the £50? I am traveling with my wife and we have booked the tickets together, are there other fees involved and how much?

Cheers Very Happy
StooB
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Book musical instrument at airport only one way???

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 20:09

you can check in your guitar just for the flight back at the airport it's not a problem... you'll pay only for the return.....i am sure.....
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by StooB on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 20:13

Ok, but I need to be sure of this and need to know exactly what fees will be charged. The website says £50 but another passage says that other fees may be charged particularly peak time being July and August.

So I don't know if I may also have to pay for the instrument AND the check-in desk and if my wife may incur a penalty also? pale
StooB
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 21:28

I worked to the check in desk at CCF airport. When someone came without booked for an instrument i gave him a paper to pay to the ryanair desk (it was about 40€....2 years ago) and even if he was with another passenger on the same booking he paid only for ONE instrument for ONE way....no penalities ....trust me....and i think the rules are the same now...i don't know why you have to pay twice for one instrument and for one way...
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by StooB on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 22:02

That was 2 years ago, I think a lot has changed with airport check ins and stuff, I'm sure it's different now?
StooB
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 22:27

i don't know the only think that i can say to you it's wait and see...tomorrow you will check with the check in agent but i am not sure that this rule has changed...it's stupid to pay twice for one instrument and one way...good luck....send a message here when you'll be back...thanks
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by StooB on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 22:29

Yeah sure will!

I have bought a return flight, and the 4 hour rule is there on changing flights, but can I check in the instrument 4 hours before the return flight? Add it to that?
StooB
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 23:08

tomorrow you can ask to the desk to add one instrument for your return flight...you can if you want!!! ...
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by StooB on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 14:33

Ok, I´m now back and I´m happy to say I have got the answer to my dilemma!!

If you book a return flight and check in for BOTH flights then you will pay the extra checked in luggage for BOTH flights -

THE SOLUTION
You can still book a 2-way return flight, but when checking in you have the option to tick and check in for the way out AND/OR the return. I simply unticked the return flight, checked in on the way out flight and flew to my destination, then I checked in for the return flight and booked my musical instrument/extra baggage. Curiously the charge still said it was 80 pounds (double the charge) on the filling out page but then when I clicked confirm it said it was charging me just the 40 pounds on the final bill before completing the extra baggage form.

Therefore, if you check in for each separate flight, you only pay for that flight´s extra baggage.

I was SO relieved! I hope this answers many peoples problems which Ryan Air´s small print and help feature doesn´t help you with!
StooB
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top