child travelling alone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

child travelling alone

Post by alina2528 on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 20:15

Hello.My daughter who is 16,needs to travel from Uk to Latvia alone.But on the terms and conditions of Ryanair it says that unaccompanied children under 16 are not accepted on ryanair flights.But it also says
"All Latvian children under 18 years travelling without their parent or guardian must carry with them: - A valid passport and their birth certificate along with written permission from their parents or guardian which must be co-signed by a solicitor confirming that they consent to the child travelling without them."
As I understant if she is Latvian resident she can travel alone if she has my permission.She has a permission from me to travel alone and it is signed by a solicitor,and it confirms that she can travel without parents even if she is not 16.Can you explain me if she can travel unaccompanied?She is Latvian resident,so I think she can,but I am not sure.
alina2528
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: child travelling alone

Post by anna1981 on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:42

If she hasn't turned 16 she won't be able to travel with Ryanair. That's a Ryanair rule! Now, "All Latvian children under 18 years travelling without their parent or guardian must carry with them: - A valid passport and their birth certificate along with written permission from their parents or guardian which must be co-signed by a solicitor confirming that they consent to the child travelling without them." is an additional rule that only applies to Latvian children but that doesn't mean that it overrides the Ryanair rule. Makes sense?
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: child travelling alone

Post by alina2528 on Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 22:08

ok thanks
alina2528
FR Starter
FR Starter