Booking ticket - no name ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Booking ticket - no name ?

Post by Sinead1 on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 0:19

Looking for some advice here, would be grateful for any replies.

In the New Year we (6 people) will be flying to Spain, our accommodation has already been booked so flight dates are important for us. My problem is, we know 5 of us who are travelling but my son is bringing a friend, who, has yet to be decided. I'm anxious to book the flights so we don't miss our dates so I was wondering is it possible to book a 6th ticket with no name & be able to add that name later, if so will there be a cost for that ?

Thanks

Sinead
Sinead1
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Booking ticket - no name ?

Post by stevestrac on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 3:40

In short......... NO.

If you did, you would HAVE to input a name into your reservation, even if it was Master No Name (for example). If you did this, then you would have to call Ryanair and do a name change (without looking now, as sleep is forthcoming) costs around €100 PER FLIGHT!

So, if you get a decent price, book your son's friend properly, with correct name, if it's that important, then if they are not able to travel, then just don't check them in.

However, if you are unsure as to which friend is going to travel, but wish to book a ticket for a friend of your son, then a GAMBLE is in order (to be honest).

The gamble is to book a ticket at the current price for Master No Name and then pay €100 per flight to change the name, which will add €200 for a return flight............... OR ask your son to make a decision (I know it can be hard)............ OR wait until your son makes a choice of friend, whilst keeping an eye on the current fare for the dates and destination, and if it gets close to €100 each way, then it should be booked before it got to the stage of costing more than what it currently does plus a name change.
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinead1 on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 18:48

Thank you for your reply. It's pretty much as I expected. I once had to do a late name change with Aerlingus & they charged 100e but that was for the return & not just one way.

Anyway - better get these boys to make up their minds -pronto!

Thanks
Sinead1
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 20:43

The only way to do this would be to book the ticket for any old name like John Smith and then when you know who is going to come along on the trip - make that person change their name by deed poll to John Smith so that they can use the flight ticket! After the return flight then they will have to change their name back to their original name by deed poll Very Happy
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinead1 on Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 18:55

Hey - Sherlock! That's a great idea, I knew this was the right place to come.

I think I'll just book it in the name of Michael O'Leary - then get the deed poll done, Cheers Very Happy
Sinead1
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair on Tue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:08

thanks and thats a great idea to use Micks name - the crew will surely let you board first and will treat you like royalty. enjoy
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1981 on Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 8:04

A correction for Stevestrac. The name change fee is charged per person per BOOKING not per flight. The flight change fee is charged each way.

Hope this makes sense.
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top