Can I take my skis with Ryanair if they are 175cm ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I take my skis with Ryanair if they are 175cm ?

Post by Matiss on Wed 29 Dec 2010 - 18:24

Hey, I would like to take my skis with Ryanair. But I found this in F.A.Q.:

For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth). This weight limit does not apply to mobility equipment.

So it means, even if I buy SPORTS EQUIPMENT feature, I cannot take anything bigger than in these sizes? My skis are 175cm in height.

Thanks!
Matiss
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I take my skis with Ryanair if they are 175cm ?

Post by ruinair on Wed 29 Dec 2010 - 20:56

yes you can take skis of any size - the combined dimensions are ok

Can I bring my sports equipment or bike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sporting equipment including but not limited to large fishing rods, golf clubs, bicycles, scooters, fencing equipment, surfboards, bodyboards, snowboards and skis and large musical instruments including but not limited to cellos, harps, double bass and drums are inherently unsuitable for carriage by airlines operating fast turnarounds such as Ryanair. However, these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance up to a limit of 20* kilos per item upon payment of an additional discounted fee per item, per one way flight if booked online. If the item is not booked until arrival at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre the full fee will apply (Click here for rate details). Any item of sports equipment weighing over 20 kilos will be charged for the excess weight at the applicable rate per kilo. *Bikes have an weight limit of 30 kilos

Due to space limitations on the aircraft, we recommend that all sports equipment is booked online either at the time of booking or via the Manage My Booking section. Click here for details
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Matiss on Wed 29 Dec 2010 - 21:26

Ok, thanks!

And after landing, I will receive my skis bag together with ordinary baggage on conveyor belt or I have to get it somewhere else?
Matiss
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin on Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 21:38

That depends of the Airport. Ask the arrival airport information desk.
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top