Refunds for FR6395 on 23 Dec

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Refunds for FR6395 on 23 Dec

Post by plexy on Thu 3 Feb 2011 - 14:48

Is anyone having trouble getting there money back from Ryanair for flight FR6395 to Barcelona on 23/12. I have tried going through customer Services using the fax number but the only response I get is that the delay on the flight was under three hours. The flight was cancelled as it atested to on this site elsewhere.

Any tips as to how I can progress this?
plexy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Refunds for FR6395 on 23 Dec

Post by plexy on Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 14:46

Oh well. Looks like I'm on my own. Maybe I'm the only one who is still a ryanair fan.

I wonder how much it would cost on the price of a ticket for Ryanair to provide proper customer service. It looks like my only recourse is to the courts. Depressing really.

plexy wrote:
Is anyone having trouble getting there money back from Ryanair for flight FR6395 to Barcelona on 23/12. I have tried going through customer Services using the fax number but the only response I get is that the delay on the flight was under three hours. The flight was cancelled as it atested to on this site elsewhere.

plexy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 15:03

plexy wrote:Oh well. Looks like I'm on my own. Maybe I'm the only one who is still a ryanair fan.

I wonder how much it would cost on the price of a ticket for Ryanair to provide proper customer service. It looks like my only recourse is to the courts. Depressing really.

plexy wrote:

Hi Plexy, I can assure you are not the only Ryanair fan here(members may not have commented because they simply have no answers) Personally I was not on the flight in question and have never been in the position you find yourself.

Was the flight cancelled or delayed? I ask this only because you mention both.

What happens if my flight is cancelled by Ryanair?

If a Ryanair flight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is available, or you have advised Ryanair about your decision not to continue your journey; we will process a refund of all monies paid in respect of the unused flight sectors on your reservation back to the form of payment used to pay for the original booking.

If you wish to apply for a refund following the cancellation of your flights or if your flight is delayed more than 3 hours and you choose not to fly.

Click here and complete the refund application form

Ryanair does not provide monetary compensation, pursuant under Article 7 of EU Regulation 261/2004 for flights that are delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond Ryanair's control (extraordinary circumstances). As per the regulation such circumstances may, in particular, occur in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety problems and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier.

Your rights under EU Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 are unaffected so in the case of denied boarding, flight cancellation or a delay in excess of two hours you will be provided at the airport with a written notice setting out the rules for compensation and assistance in line with the Regulation.

>> Click Here For A Refund Application <<

However if you still want to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

0871 246 0000 - 10p per minute
Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more.
Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 9:00 - 19:00 GMT , Sat 10:00 – 17:00 GMT and Sun 11.00 – 17.00 GMT.

Priority Assistance
If you have problems using the site or need assistance when booking online and would like to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

0905 566 0000 - £1.00 per minute
Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more.
Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 19:00 GMT, Sat 10:00 – 18:00 GMT and Sun 10:00 – 17:00 GMT

Hope this helps further

Regards

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by plexy on Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 18:04

Thanks for the response.

My flight was cancelled. Ryanair seem to think it was delayed (but not enough for a refund). This is what I am taking from their "computer says no" response.

I tried the number you gave (which used to be on their site but seems to have been removed) but it has been permanently engaged. I don't have enough confidence in Ryanair's customer service to call the premium rate line.

I have to say though on balance I remain a fan of ryanair. The most serious complaint I have against Ryanair is the manner with which they deal with complaints.

I am going to try another fax, give them one last chance, with the next step being the small claims court.
plexy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 18:57

Was this flight Delayed/cancelled while you was at the airport due to snow because Dublin Airport was closed 23/12?
Did the same flight ever depart later that day?
I'm unsure why you was not given a refund for a cancelled flight, did you fill in a refund application?

>> Click Here For A Refund Application <<

In the event the flight is cancelled/delayed then you are entitled to be 'cared for' by the airline under Regulation 261/2004 Article 9:

Article 9

Right to care
1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered free of charge:
(a) meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;
(b) hotel accommodation in cases
- where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or
- where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;
(c) transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).
2. In addition, passengers shall be offered free of charge two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails.
3. In applying this Article, the operating air carrier shall pay particular attention to the needs of persons with reduced mobility and any persons accompanying them, as well as to the needs of unaccompanied children.

Full Regulation here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...4R0261:EN:HTML

Ryanair Criticizes DAA Failure to Clear Runway Quickly AS LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS CAUSES ANOTHER PROLONGED RUNWAY CLOSURE AT DUBLIN APT ON THURSDAY

Ryanair has today (23rd Dec) called on the Minister for Transport to investigate the DAA Monopoly’s repeated failure to keep the Dublin Airport runway open during the recent snow falls which have resulted in the cancelation of over 200 Ryanair flights to/from Dublin affecting over 30,000 Ryanair passengers.

Ryanair called on Minister Dempsey to explain why occasional light showers of snow over Dublin Airport this morning caused the DAA to close the runway for almost four hours from 9:15 to 1pm on the busiest travel day of the pre-Christmas period. Ryanair believes that the DAA could and should be able to clear the main runway in less than one hour and not the four hours the DAA needed this morning.

Ryanair advised passengers to check their flight on www.ryanair.com. Ryanair still has some capacity on UK flights tomorrow which passengers can switch to should their flight today to/from Dublin Airport be cancelled.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-criticizes-daa-failure-to-clear-runway-quickly

Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by plexy on Thu 10 Feb 2011 - 18:25

Thanks for you help.

The flight was cancelled and did not depart that day (unless there was a massive conspiracy involving all the ryanair & DAA staff and all the passengers on mine and several other planes at Dublin Airport that day)

As to Ryanair blaming DAA for not coping with the weather the airport was open for much of the day and we were on our plane for at least an hour before the airport closed. That delay was down to us waiting for the plane to be de-iced; DAA say this was the cause for much of the problem and that that responsibility is down to the Airline. Which is really neither here nor there - When different suppliers start blaming each other it is never a good sign.

I finally made telephone contact with Ryan Air. The number you gave me as the UK reservation Number which didn't work for me as I am in the Irish Republic. I tried the Irish number. I didnt try that initially as in the past calling this number with Customer Service issues has proved fruitless: Long delay followed by speaking to someone who cant help. This time was a much better experience. Ryan air confirmed that they had no record of the flight being cancelled but the person I spoke to said that he would investigate.

A short time ago I received an email confirming that I would be receiving a refund. So all is well that ends well. As a Ryan Air fan I still think Ryan air could vastly improve how they are perceived if they devoted just a little more effort to customer service.

Thanks again for your help.
plexy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Thu 10 Feb 2011 - 18:46

plexy wrote:

A short time ago I received an email confirming that I would be receiving a refund. So all is well that ends well. As a Ryan Air fan I still think Ryan air could vastly improve how they are perceived if they devoted just a little more effort to customer service.

Thanks again for your help.

Great news Plexy , I fully understand your frustrations, yes a strange senario to be in but only made worse by internal Miscommunications.

Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content