travelling to ireland with 5 month old

View previous topic View next topic Go down

travelling to ireland with 5 month old

Post by danielle on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 11:46

Hi i was just wondering what an infants travel document is? and would my 5month old need a passport to fly to dublin from manchester or would her birth certificate be ok? i have tried to look for an email address to contact ryanair but could not find one so any help would be appreciated Smile

thanks
danielle

Back to top Go down

Re: travelling to ireland with 5 month old

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 11:57

Hi

When i worked at carcassonne airport , all infants needed a passport.

Here's the ryanair's rules
Newly born infants up to 7 days inclusive are not accepted on Ryanair flights.

If you are travelling with an infant (aged 8 days to 23 months inclusive ), you can include them on your booking by making an infant reservation on our website or by calling your local reservations centre. Please note - parents travelling with infants can now check-in online and print both parents and infant boarding passes. See below extract of an online infant boarding pass.

For safety and insurance reasons, infants (aged 8 days to 23 months inclusive) must be accompanied by a passenger aged 16 years or above (one infant per adult.) Children aged between 8 days to 23 months inclusive, as of the date of travel cannot travel in their own seat and must sit on an adult's lap (one infant per adult). N.B. Extra seats cannot be purchased for infants.

If the infant reaches the age of 2 years prior to their return journey, they must pay the applicable adult fare, taxes, fees and charges for that part of the journey.

Proof of age is required so please present the infant's valid travel document at the boarding gate.

Click here for details of the charge applied for the carriage of infants.

There is no checked or cabin baggage allowance for infants, however one fully collapsible pushchair per child is carried free of charge and does not need to be prebooked. Additional infant equipment (maximum 20kilos) such as car/booster seats and travel cots may be carried in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance at a separate fee per item/per one way flight. (click here for rate details) No baby/car seats are allowed in the cabin of the aircraft.

Passengers travelling with infants who have checked in online and printed their boarding passes should take any checked baggage (including pushchairs/ infant equipment) to the Airport Bag Drop desk where it will be tagged and sent to the aircraft. The Bag Drop Desks close 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time.

Passengers who do not bring their printed online boarding passes to the airport will be required to pay a Boarding Pass Reissue Fee in order to receive a new boarding pass. This facility is available up to 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure click here for fee information

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 13:29

Sure, but i know that on an irish passport it's possible to have the infant named on the passport but i've never seen that on an uk passport ! Can you confirm me that???
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 13:50

>> Look Here <<

What travel documentation do I need to travel on Ryanair flights?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is each passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that he or she has valid travel documentation which meets the requirements of Ryanair, immigration and other authorities at every destination. In order to be compliant please note the following:

A valid travel document is required by all passengers travelling on Ryanair flights (including infants) A passport for travel outside the EEA must be valid for period of intended stay
If a visa is applicable any children/infants must be travelling with the adult named on a visa vignette
In order to ensure compliance, passengers should carry a valid passport (and visa if applicable) or government issued national identification card on all journeys. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of breach of these requirements shall be paid by or charged to you.

Ryanair does NOT accept driver licences, electoral/residence cards, family books, seaman books, a police report (issued in the event of travel document loss/theft), military ID cards etc. Expired or damaged forms of photo-id will not be accepted on any flight.

Details of all passengers' travel documents (including those of children and infants) must be entered during the online check-in process. All passengers must present their valid travel document along with their online boarding pass at airport security and at the boarding gate for all flights.

Please Note: Irrespective of a passenger's visa requirements, all non EU/EEA citizens must have their travel documents checked and online boarding pass stamped at the Ryanair Visa/Document Check Desk before going through airport security. In addition, all passengers departing from Moroccan airports must present their Boarding Pass at the local airport check-in facility

THE ONLY FORMS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED ON RYANAIR FLIGHTS ARE:

A valid passport - ( see below - */and ** below)
A valid National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country. (Only the following EEA countries issue National Identity Cards acceptable for carriage on Ryanair flights: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
A valid German Government issued Kinderausweis travel document
A valid Italian Certificato Di Nascita which has been endorsed as "VALIDO PER L'ESPATRIO" valid for travel. It is the passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that this document meets the requirements of immigration and other governmental authorities at the destination airport - see ** below.
A valid Italian AT/BT card (Italian domestic flights only)
A valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document - (issued in accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, by a Government in place of a valid passport.)
A valid Convention Travel Document - (issued in accordance with Article 27 of the 1954 UN Convention for Stateless Persons, by a contracting state in place of a valid passport)
A valid EU Collective Passport (issued to approved EU school groups who are under 18)
A valid Collective Passport issued by an EU/EEA country
* It is acceptable for children under 16 to travel on the valid passport of the parent with whom they are travelling, if they are included on that passport.
** When a child is listed on the valid passport of the parent with whom they are travelling the accompanying adult's travel document details must be duplicated in the child's document details section during the online check-in process.
RYANAIR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION WITHOUT REFUND AND TO DENY YOU BOARDING IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND ADVANCE PASSENGER INFORMATION

Hmmm can you cant you Mad

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 14:26

Thanks
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 20:05

The way i read it - if a under 16 is already on the passport travel is ok, if not then a new passport is required, for a 5 month I suggest a new passport, but To be sure contact Ryanair otherwise you may lose your flights.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jno on Mon 21 Feb 2011 - 9:05

I travelled with my 5 month old from Bratislava to Bristol and a passport was needed. This was pretty straightforward, the only hassle is the waiting at the airport with the youngster - on the plane itself the Ryan Air staff were actually pretty supportive for those with babies I have to say. In fact, the hardest part of the whole process was actually getting the passport from the UK passport office in Dsseldorf when you are a British expat - the whole thing is a farce, but that is another story.
jno
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top