SKYSCANNER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SKYSCANNER

Post by photon on Wed 23 Feb 2011 - 9:46

I've recently adopted to using skyscanner.net than ryanair's own website as method of finding the cheapest fares to destinations that match my budget.
Normally I would enter my departure airport and experiment with each destination to find the best fares on those offer fares (free online check in).
But this is time consuming and on some routes ryanair don't fly on my preferred dates, and on some occasions I will fly to destinations based on price rather than on my own preference.

I find this website very usefull and to get the cheapest flights you simply enter you departure airport, time/date, leave your destination blank and simply allow the search engine to locate your flights and destinations.
Ryanair always seems to offer the best fares to the best locations, easyjet offers best fares to the worst destinations.
Normally I would avoid ryanair spanish destinations, but by using skscanner I have located these routes at an advertised price of £25 ibiza return /£45 malaga return on dates I actually prefer.
Skyscanner is actually my preferred mehtod of searching cheap flights and to experiment with other non direct routes and other airlines.

Last week I was looking for a one way flight to Faro from liverpool/manchester/leeds bradford airports to match my one way £3 flight to stansted I had purchased with ryanair.
The lowest fare from these airports was liverpool with ryanair at £45 single, I had manually searched on travelsupermarket and other airlines serving this route.
When I used skyscanner the lowest fare was at £35 on the same day as an indirect flight, this required a ride in an aer lingus regional ATR 72 to cork (£25) and a flight with ryanair from cork to faro at EUR 10.99.
This allowed me to visit cork for the 1st time (just 6 days after the terrible runway accident), and a trip in an ATR 72 and first flight with Aer lingus.
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: SKYSCANNER

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 12:49

yes can be a very useful site, I have used it in the past.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum