Purchased tickets and cancelled routes .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Purchased tickets and cancelled routes .

Post by sydjake on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 17:12

I have just read that Ryan air may cancel the Gran Canaria route within months due to computer problems in LPA ( i sure wish i could jack my job in,due to daily computer problems ??!!) .

I have purchased tickets for end of June, what happens then ? please dont tell me they will refund the tickets and the rest is my problem !

Will they continue flights that already have passengers booked on them and simply withdraw future flights that are yet to go in to the system.

I sure hope they do not cancel this flight before my trip as this is the first time personally i have used Ryan air and i sure wont be very impresesed if this is my first experience of them. Mad
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Purchased tickets and cancelled routes .

Post by sydjake on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 17:25

further to my above queries, what sort of notice do we get ? and are we infact informed by ryanair that the whole route is canccelled well in advance of the flight departure dated.

I am kinda concerned now !! pale
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 18:51

Firstly, there are 28 routes that Ryanair fly from Gran Canaria - which one are you referring to?

Secondly, you already appear to have convinced yourself that your flights will be cancelled, going by something that you have 'read' (you also didn't provide a source for this) - a bit of an overreaction on your part I think.

And finally, if your flight is cancelled, you will be given the choice of a full refund or alternative arrangements in advance.

As Ryanair have no intentions of cancelling any routes from LPA at the moment, of course they will continue to accept bookings.

Disclaimer: All views expressed in the above post are opinion based, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, etc.
Smile
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sydjake on Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 12:03

Sorry for what appeared to be a knee jerk reaction on my part.

i obtained the information from this forum

http://ryanair.site-forums.com/t2038-cancelled-routes-axed-routes

and scroll down to 8th march at the bottom !

my route in question is grancanaria to stansted london.

Last edited by sydjake on Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 12:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amendments)
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 12:25

Thank you for spotting that.

That post should not be in that topic as it is just a rumour and not confirmed. I have now deleted it.

Back on topic. If your flight were to be cancelled, Ryanair would give you plenty of notice via email and what options you would have regarding refunds/re-booking/etc.

Disclaimer: All views expressed in the above post are opinion based, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, etc.
Smile
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top