Dublin Girona September Schedule 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dublin Girona September Schedule 2011

Post by clarefan on Tue 17 May 2011 - 10:04

I have booked and paid for a return flight from Dublin to Girona in September. This was purchased in early March. On the 18th March I received a notification of a small change in the departure time of the flight. Nothing amiss so far...

I now wish to add one of my friends to the same flight but the flight is not showing up as being available. Indeed, there are no Dublin - Girona flights available at all for the month of September

Can I ask if RyanAir has taken a decision to cancel all of the September scheduled flights from Dublin to Girona?
If this is the case when (date please) will RyanAir contact passengers so that we can make alternative arrangements for getting to Girona?

I appreciate that RyanAir and Girona are currently in dispute. However, passengers should not be the people to suffer. I would like to be told if this flight has been cancelled so that I can get a refund and make arrangements to get to my destination while I can still avail of some decent pricing for September flights.

Please let me know.
clarefan
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Dublin Girona September Schedule 2011

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 17 May 2011 - 11:07

What date in september have you booked?
I only see upto 2nd sept 2011 FR036
I am not aware of any scheduled changes, maybe a timetable update.. for peace of mind and to book your friend on the same flight i would contact Ryanair.
sorry i cannot be of more help.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by clarefan on Tue 17 May 2011 - 11:13

Ryanairflyer wrote:What date in september have you booked?
I only see upto 2nd sept 2011 FR036
I am not aware of any scheduled changes, maybe a timetable update.. for peace of mind and to book your friend on the same flight i would contact Ryanair.
sorry i cannot be of more help.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Flight Out is booked out as follows;
GOING OUT
From Dublin(DUB) to Girona(GRO)
Wed, 14/09/2011 Flight 7036 Depart DUB at 1825 and arrive GRO at 2140

As you confirm RyanAir is not showing ANY flights from September 3rd on this route.
clarefan
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Tue 17 May 2011 - 11:25

It may be the case that the flight you're booked on is fully booked. Therefore, it wouldn't show up as being available. For your own peace of mind, give the call centre a buzz.

Disclaimer: All views expressed in the above post are opinion based, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, etc.
Smile
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by clarefan on Wed 18 May 2011 - 10:58

Just got through to RyanAir customer service. They have confirmed that from early September they have cancelled this Dublin-Girona route and offer me a change or refund.
clarefan
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 18 May 2011 - 13:34

OH GOSH ! Do you know why ryanair cancelled the Dublin-Girona route ?
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by clarefan on Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:07

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT wrote:OH GOSH ! Do you know why ryanair cancelled the Dublin-Girona route ?

Because they can...! I am assuming that it is for the following reasons:

(1) Catalan Govt. , Girona Airport and RyanAir have been arguing about chagres, landing fees, etc.
(2) RyanAir trying to develop the main Barcelona Airport route further based on better landing fees

Who knows? But as a gateway airport for Southern France, Perpignan, etc. this is a pity!

The Irish government have just announced that they are removign a travel tax introduced by previoud governments that RyanAir were complaining about. The government are 'hoping' that this will induce RyanAir to increase routes into Ireland...and what do they do...they cancel a very popular route! There may be other routes cancelled; I am only aware of this one as I was booked for September.

I think this is a mistake on RyanAir's part as Girona was a popular destination from Ireland. Offering main airport in Barcelona means that this brings Aer Lingus back into the picture as they also fly into this airport and do so from Cork as well as Dublin.
clarefan
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top