connecting flight panic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

connecting flight panic

Post by uptoeleven on Tue 17 May 2011 - 21:35

Hi,

I hope someone can help me - I am getting kinda nervous about a connecting flight I have booked.

I need to be back in Dublin town centre at 6pm on Thursday, flying from Barcelona. As the only flight available landed at 17:10 I thought that if it was delayed that wouldn't give me enough time to get into town.

So what I have done is:

I have booked myself on the 10:35 from Girona which gets to Stansted at 11:45.
I have then booked myself on the 13:35 from Stansted which gets to Dublin at 14:50.

Now I am starting to get nervous and am wondering if I shouldn't have booked a later flight to Dublin... I know Ryanair usually flies on time but my last few flights to or from Spain with them were all an hour or more delayed. If I get to Stansted at 12:45 I won't clear passport control for at least 15 minutes (because they are so slow at Stansted and anyway it always takes longer to get off the plane than you'd hope) which means that I will be trying to get onto the flight after the gate has closed.

help or advice would be appreciated, is there anything I can do?

Simon
uptoeleven
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: connecting flight panic

Post by atoutprix on Tue 17 May 2011 - 22:07

If your flight from Girona is on time : no problem.
In my view, a morning flight - seemingly the second flight of the day for that plane - stands a good chance to be on time or not much delayed.
Even if you arrive one hour late (and if you have no checked bagage, of course), you can try to get your flight to Dublin.
Take a seat in the first rows (row 1 is the best) so as to be amongst the very first to deplane.
Hurry, run to the passport control (not always so very slow, according to my experience), then through the security control, and be at the gate that closes at 13.15 at the latest - and with a bit of luck, the flight to Dublin also will be late !
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by uptoeleven on Thu 19 May 2011 - 18:06

So - I paid for Priority Boarding just so I could go at the front to leave in plenty of time. Plane took off on time and arrived 5 minutes early. I had a leisurely lunch in Stansted and then came over to Dublin. Currently writing from the Cafe in Tower Records on Wicklow Street where we play an "in-store" in just under an hour.

All went well Smile thanks for the words of advice - I'll know for next time Smile

Simon
uptoeleven
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top