double booked flight (2 different payers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

double booked flight (2 different payers)

Post by majerson on Mon 30 May 2011 - 18:35

Hi!

I know that there is a similar thread here already but I have a slightly different problem.

Let me tell you my story then:
Two days ago I was trying to book the flight for two people to England. Unfortunately, my credit card was constantly being rejected or alternately the site was popping out an error. I tried to book it for about 5 times finally I gave up and went to sleep. The next day I had an important meeting, so informed my friend about the situation and told her to book the flights for us. She did it without any problems using her dads credit card. And here the horror begins. When I came back from the meeting I discovered that one of my attempts from the previous evening had succeeded and I got charged for the booked flight. Now, I have question. Is it possible that they will give me the refund for the flight I booked extra? Taking into consideration that: 1) One of the bookings is on me and my friend, whereas the other one is for me, my friend plus our one friend. 2) Both bookings are scheduled for the same day, same time, same destination etc. However, both of the bookings were paid for from different credit cards.
Now, I wanted to contact them but it is quite expensive, so I figured that I can ask at the Ryanair's desk at the airport that I'm flying from (it is in my city) would that be better? Or is it better to call them?

I've tried to make it as clear as I could but I'm sorry if it's too complicated Wink
majerson
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: double booked flight (2 different payers)

Post by majerson on Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 18:47

For those of you who will experience the same or similar problem: just call ryanair, they'll give you refund.

Reaching Dublin from skype doesn't work anymore.
majerson
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1981 on Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 13:10

When a double booking occurs (even if it's paid with 2 diffrent cards) the second one is refunded (in your case the one that was done by your friend). However, you have to call them in order to ask for a refund. Sometimes the system automatically picks up double bookings and they send you an email but because these 2 were paid by 2 diffrent cards that won't happen. That's why you have to call. Try the Irish number, it's cheaper and they answer faster than other lines (it's less busy).

Hope this helps Smile
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by wishy on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 0:19

oops, double booked the same flight myself. 1. booked it with a ryan air voucher, cost me €50 on my card for taxes etc.
2. when booking flight for my other 3 mates, included my own name by mistake, cost me €60.
Ringing ryan air tomorrow, will post here how i get on. fingers crossed.
wishy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top