Possible carry-on luggage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible carry-on luggage

Post by crazybob on Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 0:57

Hello everyone, on Wednesday I am with again, yeah, I love flying but with RYA I have to be super careful not to be ripped off.

So here is the question:
since only one carry on luggage 55x40x20cm, 10kg is allowed, may I take a backpack and a camera and put them both on top of each other in a large plastic trash bag? Thus forming a single carry on luggage (weird looking, I know pig ) Supposing I still don´t exceed the 55x40x20cm, 10kg and at least visually form a uniform luggage, looking much like the picture attached

I know you can wear more layers, saving space in the carry-on, stuff your pockets etc. I think I could get away with this trick, but I am not so experienced. So I want to know other people´s opinions.

Thanks to everyone
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible carry-on luggage

Post by Rich00cap on Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 16:47

If it fits into the frame that defines the dimensions then theoretically yes. But would you want to take a chance of a) being told to pay €/£ 35 for it to put in the hold, or b) worse case scenario, being denied boarding all together and losing your flight?
I would imagine that it would be too bulky and chances are they wouldn't allow it.
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by crazybob on Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 2:06

thanks for the advice, I eventually decided to take my jacket and stuff its pockets :-) it weighed 3 extra kg :-)
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top