Changing Flights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changing Flights

Post by John Keo on Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 14:13

I want to change flights but I cannot get the page to work. It seems to be locked and I cannot contact the hotline here in Spain.
Any suggestions anyone????
John Keo

Back to top Go down

Re: Changing Flights

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 17:52

Go to the closer 's airport to change your flight ! But try again online before going at the airport !
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 0:06

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT wrote:Go to the closer 's airport to change your flight ! But try again online before going at the airport !

I've been trying for 10 days. I even went to Nerja to the internet cafe where they have better connecting speed but no luck.

I went to Malaga airport this morning and spoke to the girls at the Ryanair desk but they couldn't change it. They said internet only.
I even used the internet at the airport but the "Change Flights" page just aint working.

I got the number to call from the girls at the desk (very nice girls, really helpful) but the premium numbers are bloked by Yoigo. Cant call it.

I went to a public telefone shop to make the call but premium numbers are blocked in total at these locations.

I have tried emailing the headoffice but I get the automated reply...

Pretty desperate now to find a solution befor Friday...
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 1:11

It's strange , I remembered when I worked at CCF that we coud change the flight for a passenger ! Moreover Malaga is a base so you may talk with a ryanair spokeman ! I am lost ! What do you want to change ? the flight ? Add something on your booking ?
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 9:14

I'm trying to change the dates, both out and back.
I know its a €40 charge on each leg to change but I just cant get it to work.

I spoke to the Ryanair desk at Malaga. The girls there were very nice but explained that they cannot change reservations. Only I can do that on the internet.

I'm wondering if Ryanair knows that the page is not working. Prerhaps its a fault that has not been reported because of the automated reply?
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1981 on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 21:02

What exactly is the error that you are receiving? Also, have you tried calling the "rest of the world" number? It's a Uk number, they answer fast and it's cheaper...44 871 246 0002
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 10:57

anna1981 wrote:What exactly is the error that you are receiving? Also, have you tried calling the "rest of the world" number? It's a Uk number, they answer fast and it's cheaper...44 871 246 0002

Hi Anna, the response is a time out. ie the page will attempt to connect and after about 3-4 minutes of no response, it will simply disconnect.
Clicking the refresh button will bring me straight back to the "Change Flights" page where I can start again, i.e. click the box of the flights I wish to change, press "Continue" will bring up another box "Are you sure??? etc etc etc", click OK and then....nothing....wiat for another few minutes and "disconnect".

this is why I went to two seperate Internet cafes and the Airport, but no joy.....

Last edited by John Keo on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 11:10; edited 1 time in total
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 11:03

Just tried the number, Anna1981...automated response directing me to the local reservation premium number (which Yoigo have blocked).....

I've been flying FR for donkeys years and this is only my second "experiance"....
I know the drill so I'm not too cut up about it but €200 is a lot of bucks for me.

I understand that "No Changes" means just that but I feel if there is a "Change Flights" page on the website then it should operate or at least indicate that there are NO CHANGES allowed.

anyways, I'm off to IKEA to complete the experiance.... Smile
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1981 on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 21:35

Sux that nothing is working for you, I bet it's frustrating. I'm sorry I couldn't help.....I guess the only advice is too keep trying even though it's frustrating....I know it would be for me if i was in your situation...
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 23:37

I am scared because I have to make the on line check in for my next 2 flights to Palma Mallorca and Liverpool. And if the website has a problem i don't want to pay the fees at the airport Sad
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Fri 22 Jul 2011 - 16:59

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT wrote:I am scared because I have to make the on line check in for my next 2 flights to Palma Mallorca and Liverpool. And if the website has a problem i don't want to pay the fees at the airport Sad

There is no problem with the "check in online" page. I used it for another passanger yesterday and printed off the boarding pass as usual without problems.

Its only the "Change Flight" page thats not working at the moment.
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann on Sat 23 Jul 2011 - 7:26

Have you allready checked-in for the flight? Because then it's not possible to change the flight. Otherwise I don't know. And is the price really just 40€? Isn't it 100€? Well, anyway, good luck, the ryanair page is still programmed from students in my opinion....
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by John Keo on Sat 23 Jul 2011 - 12:16

Gruenmann wrote:Have you allready checked-in for the flight? Because then it's not possible to change the flight. Otherwise I don't know. And is the price really just 40€? Isn't it 100€? Well, anyway, good luck, the ryanair page is still programmed from students in my opinion....

No, I had not checked in yet and a name change is €100 but a flight change is listed as €40 per leg.

Flight left yesterday so the point is now moot....
John Keo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top