ATC delays in Greece

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATC delays in Greece

Post by HollandRyanair on Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 11:37

Hello guys,

Due to the irresponsible behaviour of the Greek ATC, I might end up in trouble.
On Saturday Oct. 22nd I will fly from Rhodes to Pisa. At Pisa I have 1h 50min to catch my flight to Sevilla.
The problem is that all Ryanair-flight in and out of Greece have hours of delay due to ATC.
This has been the case for almost two weeks, I believe.
I don't have a good feeling about this, because when I miss the flight there is not a good affordable alternative.

Who has any tips for me? I don't really know what to do now...

Does anyone know why there are so much delays, while there isn't a official strike going on at this time..
I have no respect whatsoever for these sort of strikes. Greek government is forced to announce cuts, because otherwise they won't receive any support from the EU. Why can't these people see they are making thing worse for their motherland? They scare off tourists, who bring in a lot of money.
Just ridiculous people Mad
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: ATC delays in Greece

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 13:34

Unfortunately there is not much airlines can do in this situation - the general message to all airlines is -

Greece Air Traffic Control Restrictions
flights to and from Greece are currently experiencing some significant delays due to Air Traffic Control restrictions in place over Greek airspace.
We are proactively trying to minimize these delays, however, we would like to warn customers that they could experience delays to their travel plans.

Also-
Athens - Public Transport sector strike 13-14 October
be advised of a 48 hour strike in the public transport sector (buses, underground etc) in Greece 13-14 October If you are travelling to a Greek airport during these days, we strongly advise you to allow considerably more time for your journey to the airport and check alternative means of transport as many links to the airports will not be operating.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/greece

unless you live in Greece i would take the original flight out to Pisa.. if you miss your connecting flight to sevilla it will be the cheapest option to re book that sector.
Good luck hope everything ends well.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair on Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 18:52

A solution has been found. We're not going to take any risks and cancel our journey to Rhodos anyway.
The appartment was fully refundable and the return ticket only 18 euros.
We'll take the train to lovely Florence instead Smile, so we have nothing to do with those unreliable Greek.
A day in Pisa, two days in Florence and off to Sevilla.
Better safe than sorry Very Happy
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top