How have they handled typos/misspellings

Go down

How have they handled typos/misspellings

Post by rik447 on Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 11:40

Hi

I have a small typo in the lastname of the tickets, both my wife and I. Most keyboard don't have the sepcial letter "§", that is in my name and I put ordinary "o" there.

I know people have got through the gate with typos, but I want to know if _anybody_ here has the opposite experience with a small typo - that they have been denied the flight? If its even one person who was not let on to the plane because of this, I would phone in and try to explain. Also do they just deny you the boarding or is there an option to pay for it on spot and still get on?

I know the official answer is to call ryanair premium line, but I have a long route with total of 12 tickets to amend and also I find impossible to explain the letter over the phone, no other country uses the letter or pronouncation of it and there is no option to explain ti through email.

thanks,
rik
rik447
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: How have they handled typos/misspellings

Post by anna1981 on Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 19:33

The "unspoken" rule is that they accept a maximum of 3 letters wrong (as long as it doesn't change the meaning of the name). If it's a special character don't even worry about it, they won't say anything. My name has 2 special characters and I've traveled so many times and not once has anyone said anything.

Don't worry about it.
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum