connecting flights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

connecting flights

Post by thelo on Mon 14 Nov 2011 - 21:22

Hi, I want to get connecting flights with Ryanair, and I'm wondering will I have to go through passport control for the second flight? I wil be in the same airport, same terminal, with my boarding pass from my online check-in and with no luggage. So i should be able to go straight to the next flight right?

Thanks,
Thelo.
thelo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

Re: connecting flights

Post by RYR on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 8:00

Ryanair don't do connecting flights so you will need to go through arrivals and through security again. Make sure you leave lots of time between the flights. What airport you flying into?
RYR
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by thelo on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 8:14

Thanks for your reply. Sorry i wasn´t clear, they´re not "connecting flights". If i book 2 separate flights can i do that? If i´m already in the international zone and checked-in can´t i go straight to the next flight? Flying into weeze.
thelo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 16:45

Hi it depends on the airport you land at.
When i landed at faro airport portugal all passengers from the landing flight passed through the same gate as the other passengers joining the plane we just left... if that is the case you can go straight to a gate you do not need to go to arrivals.
I do not think many airports are like faro.. if not you will pass though arrivals and rejoin departures as normal.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by crazybob on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 18:26

I would say at 8/10 (or more) airports you HAVE TO exit through different door before taking another flight. I have a lot of experience flying from Madrid and even though you see the passengers that are about to board the plane you just landed in, it is through glass and the hallway directs you to the exit. After all, the area is called Departure, not Arrival.

I don´t think the cabin crew would allow you to stay in the plane even if it is the one you have the second ticket for.

Also take into account your plane may be delayed 20 mins easily, especially if it is later during the day and if it is a big airport like Madrid Barajas, you may spend another 10 minutes between the official time on your ticket, when your plane landed and you actually exiting the plane plus sometimes you have to wait for the bus (that takes you from the plane to the exit) to fill.

You may get lucky though, Palma de Mallorca is one of the airports you can just walk from one plane to another.

Bottom line is: you may get lucky but unless you have really big balls, I would advise you not to risk a transfer of less than 45 minutes in between.
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thelo on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 19:05

Ok thanks, so it sounds like it depends on whether the airport has different arrival and departure gates.
thelo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by crazybob on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 19:16

Truth to be said I have never flown through Weeze.

But unless YOU have, have the plan of the airport in your head, I would recommend to you rather not to risk anything.
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thelo on Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 14:38

Just to clarify because there seems to be the assumption that i'm tight on time, I just want to know if it's ok to stay in the international area or if you HAVE to exit and reenter, that's it. I just don't want to go through the hassle of security controls for a second time unnecessarily. Thanks
thelo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 16:45

I have not flew into Weeze but the odds are -You will need to go to departures as if its your first flight.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content