Flights booked in error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flights booked in error

Post by Shack1 on Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 18:20

Hi, new user here.
Having just returned from Oct HT hol in Portugal we rebooked this week for what we thought was next Oct HT... flying sat 20th Oct from Leeds.. flights stop following saturday. Like an idiot i assumed this was HT week as the flights would be going up till end of school hols.
Of course, its the week after!

So, can anyone offer me any advice as the best way out of this £760 gaff for 5 flights!! Knowing its a ton to change name it seems like i'm up the creek scratch
Shack1
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Flights booked in error

Post by crazybob on Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 19:32

The best/only thing you can do is contact Ryanair and hope they have mercy. I personally would call them so that you have immediate response.
Some people here on the forum reported that RA kindly changed their name/direction of flight etc.
So no guarantee, but if something can help you, it is this.
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Shack1 on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 14:59

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes, I called the call centre as soon as i'd realised the gaff, but I was shown no mercy (or maybe just the indian language barrier took away the sympathy!) and bluntly was told that policy was to charge £50each way per person flight change + any extra on top than what fare i've paid.
Is there any Irish number I could try ?

I still could not get confirmation as to whether the "fare" was the total bill i'd paid including charges.

Also, if i paid the £100 pp next time, would new card fees be levied??

My problem now is that i'm hanging in suspense until the winter 2012-13 flight schedule comes on sale. At least then i can be put out of my misery. Best case scenario is this costs me £500 (or i'm shown unlikely mercy!) to change flights and I can get some cheaper or same price, worst case is i am faced with flights that cost the earth cos its half term holidays + the £500 !

All my own fault of course for not waiting till the revised schools calendar was issued Mad
Shack1
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by crazybob on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 20:56

sorry, I have no first hand experience with changing/canceling flights with RY or any other airline. What I would do is read this forum, threads from 2011, trying to find similar problems and how people solved their problems.
Nor have I ever called RY, but I am pretty sure they have a center in Ireland, search for it

Good luck
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top