ROUND TRIP WITH RYANAIR TO ACCOMPANY A CHILD.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND TRIP WITH RYANAIR TO ACCOMPANY A CHILD.

Post by APBI on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 11:54

I need to go to from Madrid to Verona with a child, I will hand the child to her mother at the airport and then return to Madrid in the same plane. The plane is scheduled to leave 25 minutes after arrival. I have no baggage at all and I will definitely dash through the terminal and the security check... Is it possible? I will fly on a day when there should not be heavy traffic.

I believe there is an interesting market for Ryanair here, parents are sometimes reluctant to let their kids fly as unaccompanied minors and there are many return flights that are of course very convenient... if one can catch them. All I would need is a bit of flexibility and being allowed to seat close to the exit door.

Yes, I have bought a back up ticket, but it would be a lot less convenient, as it flies the next day from a different Italian airport.

Thanks!

APBI
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND TRIP WITH RYANAIR TO ACCOMPANY A CHILD.

Post by HollandRyanair on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 15:26

APBI wrote:I need to go to from Madrid to Verona with a child, I will hand the child to her mother at the airport and then return to Madrid in the same plane. The plane is scheduled to leave 25 minutes after arrival. I have no baggage at all and I will definitely dash through the terminal and the security check... Is it possible? I will fly on a day when there should not be heavy traffic.

I believe there is an interesting market for Ryanair here, parents are sometimes reluctant to let their kids fly as unaccompanied minors and there are many return flights that are of course very convenient... if one can catch them. All I would need is a bit of flexibility and being allowed to seat close to the exit door.

Yes, I have bought a back up ticket, but it would be a lot less convenient, as it flies the next day from a different Italian airport.

Thanks!

APBI

You can't book a returnflight that is leaving 25 min after arrival, but you CAN book two single tickets separately. So you first book Madrid-Verona single way and then book Verona-Madrid single way in a new booking. However, keep in mind that on paper the gates closes 30 min before departure, so that is before you are scheduled to arrive at Verona. I think you need to land 20 min ahead of schedule to make any chance to catch the same fight back.. It's very unlikely to make it in time if you ask me.

So it is possible to book it, but completely your own responsibility to take the risk Very Happy
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:45

I agree - it is very unlikely you will board the same plane for your departure to Madrid ( I would not do it) - but it has been achieved at some airports..
At least you have a back up ticket for the next day - please let us know how you get on and good luck.

Last edited by Ryanairflyer on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:49; edited 1 time in total

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:46

Last time I was at VRN, the Ryanair flights to Madrid departed from T2, that is to say the same building as "arrivals".
If there are many people waiting at the security control, you can ask to jump the queue, it's often allowed (we are in Italy)
Thus, it's possible to do the trick -although it's risky ....

http://ryanair.site-forums.com/t1808-vrn-verona-villafranca-valerio-catullo-italy
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by APBI on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:48

Hi Holland Ryanair and fellow Ryanair travelers,

Thank you for your kind replies. I of course take full responsibility for any delays, I know I cannot take anything for granted. But Verona is a small airport, so I believe there is a reasonable chance to get out of the plane and through security and run to the gate. I will carry no bags and I will have a boarding card ready, so if the plane is not late I might make it all in 5 minutes. Ryanair is using the same plane to go back to Madrid, so if I can be among the first passengers to leave the plane, I can reach the gate before the whole queue to board the plane is processed (though I admit that would be less than 20 minutes before scheduled departure). I would encourage Ryanair to give people like me a chance, it would be a nice extra market for the Company, maybe 2 or 3% extra seats, because most parents would prefer to travel with their kids rather than sending them unaccompanied in another airline... Think of parents who are flying with two or more kids. I do not mean to delay the flight, just to be allowed to board if I have no luggage and I make it to the gate say 10 or 15 minutes before departure. I understand Ryanair cannot give any guarantee, it is all my responsibility, but in small airports it should be an option, as Ryanair very often will use the same plane to go back to a base.

Thanks,

Aarne
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:53

Yes, it's a good idea to be amongst the very first to deplane - thus be sure to have a seat in the first rows - the rear (mobile) stairs are sometimes late to arrive.
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by APBI on Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 17:07

Hi atoutprix,
I will ask the crew to let me seat forward.
If the plane is a bit early (often the case with Ryanair to small airports) and they do not park the plane far from the terminal, so no bus is required, it might be possible. last time I went to Verona I just had to walk on the tarmac. I had rented a car and I was able to pick it maybe 30 minutes earlier than contracted... I will let you know how it goes. It would help a lot if this is something that can work out.

Cheers,

Aarne
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top