Overweight passengers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overweight passengers

Post by travelner on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 9:36

Hello!
I am very happy that I found your forum.
I love travelling and I do it often, but since Greece (when I come from) is under this economic crisis, it is difficult for me.
I discovered ryanair because now it has routes from my hometown.
I have already booked 9 tickets for 3 trips with friends.
My main concern is that me and an other friend are really overweight. I usually feel a bit strained ia the plane seats of other air companies and ask for a belt extension (not always but sometimes the belt extension doesnt fit my waist).
Do you think we are going to have a problem? Are the seats much smaller than in other air companies? I red an article yesterday that Ryanair is thinking again of fat tax. Is there a possibility to charge as with that?
Does anyone here ever needed a belt extension? Is this available on the plane and it has an extra charge?
Sorry for so many question but we are flying in a few days and we are really stressed!
Thank you all!
travelner
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Overweight passengers

Post by HollandRyanair on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 11:16

travelner wrote:Hello!
I am very happy that I found your forum.
I love travelling and I do it often, but since Greece (when I come from) is under this economic crisis, it is difficult for me.
I discovered ryanair because now it has routes from my hometown.
I have already booked 9 tickets for 3 trips with friends.
My main concern is that me and an other friend are really overweight. I usually feel a bit strained ia the plane seats of other air companies and ask for a belt extension (not always but sometimes the belt extension doesnt fit my waist).
Do you think we are going to have a problem? Are the seats much smaller than in other air companies? I red an article yesterday that Ryanair is thinking again of fat tax. Is there a possibility to charge as with that?
Does anyone here ever needed a belt extension? Is this available on the plane and it has an extra charge?
Sorry for so many question but we are flying in a few days and we are really stressed!
Thank you all!

This is all I know:

There is no fat tax at this time with Ryanair. It's just an idea, so they cannot charge you with any form of tax.
I've seen cabin crew take out seat belt extension for other people and it was free of charge.
The only thing is that you need to fit in a single seat. If that doesn't fit, you'll have to buy an extra seat.
The width of an Ryanair seat is 17 inch, 43 cm. I'd say measure yourself and you'll find out ;-)

Good luck!
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by travelner on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 12:14

Thank you very much for your reply! Smile
43 cm seems too narrow for me and my friend. Is this as much wide are other plane seats or they are smaller?
If it is as wide as the others I will probably fit even if I have to be squeezes for an hour Smile
travelner
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 17:33

travelner wrote:Thank you very much for your reply! Smile
43 cm seems too narrow for me and my friend. Is this as much wide are other plane seats or they are smaller?
If it is as wide as the others I will probably fit even if I have to be squeezes for an hour Smile

They are pretty normal I'd say... Check google for the seat width of airlines you've already flown and compare it to 43 cm Smile
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by travelner on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 20:23

thank thank thank you Smile
travelner
FR Starter
FR Starter