flighdeck Greetings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

flighdeck Greetings.

Post by photon on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 10:01

Has anyone noticed a difference in flightdeck PA's?

I've noticed on 4 random flights this month some nice PA's from the flightdeck, particularly a nice enthusiastic BA style welcome by the captain, route, weather, delays, etc. And again during the cruise, and a 'thankyou for choosing to fly with ryanair' after landing.

Is this MOL making his pilots more productive? And to reassure the passengers that unlike the cabin crew (no offense) that most of the pilots are indeed british, care for their passengers and speak english well.

I guess this might have something to do with ryanair's fleet reaching it's peak, with no planned orders.

Anyway, it is nice to know that the guys in front are human and actually enjoy what they do despite the stress of their job of turning around a jet in 25 minutes.

photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: flighdeck Greetings.

Post by Ryanairflyer on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 17:12

I have noticed the same during my last flights taken over the past month or so - More info is passed back to the passengers a move for the better. Wink

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by abovetheclouds on Tue 1 May 2012 - 0:58

photon wrote:
Is this MOL making his pilots more productive? And to reassure the passengers that unlike the cabin crew (no offense) that most of the pilots are indeed british, care for their passengers and speak english well.

Maybe i misunderstood you, but are you trying to say that if the pilot's are British, they are more productive and care their passengers more?
That sounds quite offensive to be honest.. as your statements seems to indicate that British pilots are better than pilots from other nations.

I am a cabin crew myself at Ryanair and all of my colleagues i have worked with, can speak English enough good to ensure safety of the flight, and assist passengers. In relation to pilots, they all are qualified for their job, and they all can speak English well, yes sometimes accent may be a factor, not only for cabin crew but also for pilots, but that doesn't mean they don't care about their passengers.
Also you must not forget that Ryanair is an international company which offers equal possibilities for people from all nations to work along together, which is a lot of fun i must say, to meet the different people with different backgrounds every day Smile

In relation to nationalities, if you mostly fly from UK and back, in 90% that will mean that the aircraft you fly is based at UK, which of course means that there will be more local pilot's than the other ones.
For example i'm based at Milano Bergamo, and 70% of pilots based here are Italian, 20% from eastern Europe and only 10% from native English speaking countries.
Before I moved to Bergamo I was based at Stockholm Skavsta, there we had around 60% Swedish pilot's, 30% from eastern and northern Europe, and only 10% from UK/Ireland Smile
abovetheclouds
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: