Can't complete on-line check in, as of now 21.30 29/5/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't complete on-line check in, as of now 21.30 29/5/12

Post by trickyb on Tue 29 May 2012 - 22:39

Hi all there is a big problem out there with Ryanairs on-line booking system. As some other posters have pointed out previously there is a problem with on-line check in crashing halfway through the process. What is being done about it?

I have two bookings for London to Zadar for tomorrow and Zadar to London returning a week later, under two different booking refs. I managed to check in on-line at 18.30 today for the return leg with no problem. When you try to check in on line for the outbound leg it lets you input your doc details , dismiss the extra travel insurance and other bolt-ons they try to sell you. When you click on the No thanks button at the bottom of the page the error message occurs and you can go no further. I will be unable to have access to a printer tomorrow and have no intention of paying any fee for their website failure. I have also used multiple PC's with different operating systems and 3 different web browsers and get the same error. The flight is also confirmed on the booking page. Any ideas as to what on earth is going on here, as I have used hundreds of flights with them and have never had this problem before.
trickyb
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't complete on-line check in, as of now 21.30 29/5/12

Post by trickyb on Thu 31 May 2012 - 1:49

This issue appears to be affecting other flyers judging by the number of posts. In my case the issue was resolved by calling the service desk this morning who waived the airport check in fee. This worked fine and I used the self service machines to print out my boarding pass at Stansted at no cost to myself. Has there been any official comment from the airline on this issue? If as another poster suggests you can only avoid the issue by paying to select a seat then that is a matter for the office of fair trading.
trickyb
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sgespada on Thu 31 May 2012 - 18:06

Thank you for your help!

Yesterday I tried to contact the company by phone, but they were busy... now I'm angry and I don't want to call them! Do u think it will work if I just go with a print copy of the error to the airport desk? I don't want to pay more, not even in phone calls!
sgespada
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top