southend and Ryanair?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

southend and Ryanair?

Post by Rich00cap on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 16:55

Does any of you aviation enthusiasts think it possible- or know of any technical reason why not-that Ryanair could apply to fly from London Southend? To me it seems perfect for FR's business model. Small regional airport, low landing fees, keen new owners wanting to expand their airport and within easy reach of the city it serves?
Would be interested to hear people's thoughts.
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: southend and Ryanair?

Post by Ryanairflyer on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 20:51

Rich00cap wrote:Does any of you aviation enthusiasts think it possible- or know of any technical reason why not-that Ryanair could apply to fly from London Southend? To me it seems perfect for FR's business model. Small regional airport, low landing fees, keen new owners wanting to expand their airport and within easy reach of the city it serves?
Would be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Southend are owned by Stobarts(trucking group)
Stobart Air is operator of two complementary airport facilities, London Southend Airport (LSA) and Carlisle Lake District Airport. The Group intends to grow Stobart Air significantly following the completion of London Southend Airport. LSA has developed new routes with major operators including easyJet with the ultimate aim of servicing over two million passengers annually.
Low landing fees i am sure will attract low cost airlines so yes im sure RYR would consider this airport another similiar would be Norwich.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top