Question about baggage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about baggage

Post by sjanel on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 15:39

Hi,

In a few days I will have my first experience of flying with Ryanair. I have purchased 20 kg checked bag during my initial booking. Is there anything else required to do before I go to the airport? Also, I have a question about the contents of my bag. It is noted in the general terms and conditions of the carriage, that "You must not include in Checked Baggage money, jewellery, precious metals, keys, cameras, computers, medicines, spectacles, sunglasses, contact lenses, watches, mobile phones, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, cigarettes, tobacco or tobacco products or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples". Does this mean that I am not allowed to take with me my hair straightener and blowdryer? Or can I take them with me with the carry on bag? I am very intimidated by this clause, as I am going for a long trip and absolutely need my personal appliances.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
sjanel
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about baggage

Post by Ryanairflyer on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 17:02

sjanel wrote:Hi,

In a few days I will have my first experience of flying with Ryanair. I have purchased 20 kg checked bag during my initial booking. Is there anything else required to do before I go to the airport? Also, I have a question about the contents of my bag. It is noted in the general terms and conditions of the carriage, that "You must not include in Checked Baggage money, jewellery, precious metals, keys, cameras, computers, medicines, spectacles, sunglasses, contact lenses, watches, mobile phones, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, cigarettes, tobacco or tobacco products or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples". Does this mean that I am not allowed to take with me my hair straightener and blowdryer? Or can I take them with me with the carry on bag? I am very intimidated by this clause, as I am going for a long trip and absolutely need my personal appliances.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

You cannot leave - passports and other identification documents in checked luggage you will need them at passport control and should not pack medication such as tablets just in case your baggage is delayed or lost.

You are allowed to carry these items, but at your own risk .. unsure where you read you cannot, but remember if your baggage goes missing so does all your valuables- applies to all airlines.

Note carry on luggage is free- Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top