Taking crutches on board

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking crutches on board

Post by symonsj on Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 11:37

Is it possible to take crutches on board (for free)? The specific flight is from CLR<->TFS.
Are there conditions or procedures to follow?

I ask this for an elderly person who has some difficulties to walk and who would like to use cruches to go to the gate and to the plain. As we all know, Ryanair prefers to use the more remote gates of the airport buildings and the planes are often at a "safe distance" too.

Thanks 4 your help.
symonsj
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking crutches on board

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 12:07

symonsj wrote:Is it possible to take crutches on board (for free)? The specific flight is from CLR<->TFS.
Are there conditions or procedures to follow?

I ask this for an elderly person who has some difficulties to walk and who would like to use cruches to go to the gate and to the plain. As we all know, Ryanair prefers to use the more remote gates of the airport buildings and the planes are often at a "safe distance" too.

Thanks 4 your help.

Yes crutches are allowed and free( checkin-if you have luggage or go straight to the gate as normal).. free wheel chair Assistance is also available to and from the plane(walking across the apron to the plane can be a challenge at times for the able bodied).. must be pre booked.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by symonsj on Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 16:03

Thanks for your answer Ryanairflyer!
This person can still walk, so there is no need for a wheelchair.

But now she would also like to use her rollator to walk to/from the gate. From reading the instructions on the Ryanair website, I assume that she doesn't has to inform Ryanair in advance (she doesn't need assistence and she is able to walk). Is this correct?

So, my questions are:
  • Is it required to inform Ryanair when she wants to take a rollator (and one crutch) on the flight?
  • Will Ryanair take the rollator on the plain, like they do with a wheel chair?
  • Does it have to be checked in before going to the gate?

Thanks.
symonsj
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by symonsj on Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 10:31

I called the Ryanair special assistence number and they told me that a rollator can be taken on the plain, just like a wheelchair. It has to be checked in though. They also told that, since they don't have to provide extra service, it is not necessary to warn them in advance.

Since there was no response to my question yet, I thought maybe I should share this information with you.
symonsj
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top