[solved]Online Check-In error - incorrect 15 days validation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Check-In error - incorrect 15 days validation

Post by dj_ryanair on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 11:59

I'm getting the following incorrect error message when trying to check-in online:

"ERROR
Online Check-In - Sorry you cannot check-in online because it is either more than 15 days before your flight departs or it is within 4 hours of the scheduled flight departure time. ..."

The flights that I am trying to check-in for are on the following dates:
OUTBOUND - Departs: 26 Sep 2012
RETURN - Departs: 03 Oct 2012

I tried to check-in today, which is the 21 Sep 2012, so both flights are within the 15 days' validation.

I've tried checking-in for each flight separately, I've tried doing this several times, I've tried deleting cookies between attempts, and I've tried different internet browsers (Google Chrome & Internet Explorer) - none of which helps.

Looks like others have had similar problems, though it's not clear if their error message was exactly the same (go to the Memberlist menu option & search for members FAMILY4FLY & sgespada).

I actually made 2 separate flight reservations recently with the same debit card - one for myself, and one for someone else. I managed to check-in successfully for my own flight this morning. It was only when I later tried to check in for my mother's flight (under a separate reservation number) that I experienced the above error. I don't know if this could be causing the problem for the Ryanair website web - but I would have thought this would be a fairly common scenario. (In case the problem was related to a cookie being stored on my PC from the earlier check-in session, I tried deleting cookies, but that didn't help).

I've submitted a query on the Ryanair Contact Form, but that doesn't allow you to give any detail, so I'll just try checking-in at another time. Failing that I'll do what others have tried - phoning Customer Services, and bringing along screen prints of the error to the airport check-in desk.
dj_ryanair
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Back to top Go down

Must have been a glitch - worked a few hours later

Post by dj_ryanair on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 14:27

I tried the online check-in again a few hours later & it worked.

Doesn't surprise me - the last few times we've used the Ryanair website, we've often found that it crashes / hangs at some point during making the booking / making a payment (as other people have reported).

I guess it's just not a very reliable website, and you need to make sure you do things in advance in case it's not working on the day you want to do something.
dj_ryanair
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Online Check-In error - incorrect 15 days validation

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 16:43

Yes the site can get very busy... but also updates are regular..

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Online Check-In error - incorrect 15 days validation

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content