Ruined my mood..

Go down

Ruined my mood..

Post by frflyer on Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 18:04

Hi all.

I've been using Ryanair for the past 5 years and have never had any complaint about them...
However experience today I experienced changed everything..
So I flew STN-RYG today, after disembarking I decided to take a picture of the aircraft, I wasn't delaying anything because I took it while walking on the right path.
Then I heard someone shouting: NO PHOTO! That was Ryanair cabin crew girl, she came to me and explained that I must delete the picture immidiately, which I did (the picture contained just the aircraft, I respect privacy of each crew member so never take photos of them or other pax, just the airplane)
However she still was not happy and informed the ramp agent, and asked for the security to be called...
First time I've ever seen such a jobsworth people, especially the cabin crew girl, the security officers understood everything and we even laughted, they just said, that it's their job and appologized even before taking me to their office..

Just wanted to share this story with you guys, maybe some of you had similar experience, also im trying to understand that girl... was she really thinking im a terrorist or she just had a bad day....and for crew on this forum, is that a standart procedure to forbit taking pictures and calling security?

Thanks in advanse
frflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruined my mood..

Post by dohouch on Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 18:38

I've been using Ryanair for the past 5 years and have never had any complaint about them
So now u have one complaint, cheers get over it Sleep

Could have happened with any airline, and you'd probable have paid more for the abuse. Suck it up
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 19:33

I have taken photos of this airport(airside) in the past with no problems..
Maybe the airport do not allow airside photos anymore for security reasons.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by frflyer on Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 19:41

Don't think so.. because even the airport security couldnt understand why the cabin crew was so upset about it....
I have taken pics airside too, that's why I'm wondering.. why that kind of overreaction from the crew side...
frflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RYR on Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 14:18

AFAIK taking pictures of inside the cabin is forbidden.
RYR
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by frflyer on Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 14:34

RYR wrote:AFAIK taking pictures of inside the cabin is forbidden.

I was not taking the picture inside the cabin but after I disembarked.

I just hate these robotic explanations: You can't take pictures in the cabin/on the tarmac etc..
Why people just can be polite and helpful and understanding? Honestly, what is the reason for not allowing to take pics of the aircraft,
Terrorists? let's be real, I doubt that restriction like this will keep them from attacking, it's just ridiculous.. :/
And many RYR crew just don't understand my hobby - airplanes, they are used to fly 4 flights per day so think that I'm crazy and terroist if I want to take some pic as a memory from my flight.. :/
Sad.
frflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 15:01

The people who forbid to take pictures have instructions to do so. It would be far easier for them not to say anything.
It can happen in many countries : I have had to stop taking pictures in Italy (inside the Pescara airport, for instance) and in Sweden. It is not pleasing. I have never had such an experience as described in the first post here above - and I can imagine it's quite exasperating.
As a rule, it's best to use a camera unobstrusively, at any case not just under the nose of a cabin crew or a member of the ground staff. You never know.
But it's still nearly always possible to take pictures of FR aircraft, even airside. There are many shown on this forum.
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down