The queueing process is getting worse and worse!

Go down

The queueing process is getting worse and worse!

Post by emjharts on Mon 29 Oct 2012 - 13:53

I fly to Spain several times per year and mostly use Ryanair. This is because of the cheap ticket prices, however, my most recent flight last week has really put me off that I really must start to consider other airlines.

It seems that the queueing process is getting longer and longer where they start to line you up like cattle a good hour before the flight departs and long before the plane is even present. Firstly, it makes people extremely agitated, waiting around by the screen because they want to get first in line...even first in line of the priority queue, once the gate is announced a mass stampede takes place. They announce the gate way before they should and once you get to the gate they haven't even prepared the priority and non priority sign so no one knows where to stand anyway...even if you were there first, if they then decide the queue should be the other way round you will lose you place!

Once you have stood there for around 40 mins and they have checked your ticket twice, you then have to go and queue in the corridor to wait for the plane, this can be for a further 30 - 40 mins. I am in my thirties and my legs ache so I can only imagine how the OAP's must feel!

As well as this on my flight last week because people are fighting over seats it takes so long to load the plane that they lost their take off slot and we had to sit in the plane for around 40 mins to wait for the next slot!

Now that they have the option to pre-book the emergency seats surely they have the ability for everyone to pre-book a seat? This means that there won't be a mass stampede of stressed people and it will take alot less time to board the place if everyone knows where they are sitting? Surely this makes sense?

I note that Flybe are now really advertising the fact that you can pre-book seats and they are also very reasonably priced so I know that I will book with them in a few months when I go to Spain again and would advise anyone who doesn't want to be treated like crap and feeling like crap when flying not use Ryanair anymore until they change something.

Ryan air should be careful as if they make peoples flying experiences that nightmarish then with the other choices becoming available they will really start to seriously lose customers!
emjharts
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The queueing process is getting worse and worse!

Post by symonsj on Tue 30 Oct 2012 - 13:20

Maybe they could use a ticketing system like you see in some offices where you get a number out of a machine on arrival.
Giving everybody a sequential number would be too complicated but they could work with tiers/bins of e.g. 25 people: the first 25 get a green (A) ticket, the next 25 a blue (B) etc. (with some anti-cheat code on it)...
Boarding is then according to the ticket color you get on arrival.
That would take a lot of the queueing stress away, wouldn't it?
symonsj
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Tue 30 Oct 2012 - 16:12

All due respect, but nobody holds a gun to anyone's head to make them stand in a line. It's not Ryanair's fault if people start queueing themselves

Disclaimer: All views expressed in the above post are opinion based, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, etc.
Smile
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by emjharts on Tue 30 Oct 2012 - 17:29

They may as well hold a gun to your head!!!
emjharts
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:48

I fly many FR flights a year and have found the majority of flights are not full so there's always a choice of seats even if you board last... options - reserve seats(board last) and priority.. Ryanair will not suit all.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dohouch on Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 9:11

I travel alone without checked-in luggage. Before "Reserved Seating" I always boarded last and took any available seat in the first 2 rows. As this is no longer possible I've taking to reserving seat 1A, or 2F.

Ryanair is good value, and paying the extra bit for my own convenience is my little bit of luxury.
I still board last.
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 10:50

RESERVED SEATING

The option to reserve a seat is available on all Ryanair flights

A reserved seat in row 2, 5, 15 and (emergency exit) rows 1, 16 & 17 can be purchased in advance online or at a call centre/airport*. The priority boarding service is included in the above Reserved Seat fee.

To sit in an emergency exit seat (row 1, 16 or 17) you must be:
• 16 years or older
• Willing and able to help in the event of an emergency
• Not traveling with an infant
• Not using a seat belt extender (which could get tangled in an emergency)

Reserved seating in rows 1, 16 and 17 may not be purchased if you have purchased an extra seat for item/comfort.

Infants are not permitted to sit in certain reserved seating rows. A maximum of 1 infant to be seated in Row 2 (D, E, F) and a maximum of 2 infants in Row 5 (one to be seated each side of the aisle).

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down