Drummer with Cymbals...a couple of options?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drummer with Cymbals...a couple of options?

Post by Bladez on Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 16:06

Hello everyone

I did a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so here goes...

I am going to be travelling next year do do some overseas shows, and I will be taking my cymbals, pedals, snare and a rucksack with me.

Now, this is what I want to clarify - it seems the best and safest option is to book an extra item seat for the cymbals, and take my rucksack as hand luggage, but of course that leaves the snare & pedals. Assuming I have read the terms correctly, I have two sensible options here :

1 - As the cymbals have their own ticket/seat, I assume still am able to take my own hand luggage on, which would be the snare drum, and then pack everything else (clothes/pedals) into a standard case and take that as checked baggage (that goes under the plane right?) or

2 - Get a case to pack all the drum bits in - they would still be for the extra item seat and should be fine as long as the containing case is within the required dimensions, then take my clothes in a small holdall as hand luggage.

If I did option 1 would there be an issue with the drum pedals in with my clothes? Would they want to open up a case for the extra item seat? I have no issue if they need to check my stuff, but like to be well prepared with a bit of knowledge before I set off and make everyones lives and journey a little easier.

I'm completely new to the whole flying thing and have been reading up and wanted to re-assure myself I have my information correct.

Many thanks in advance.
Bladez
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top