Birth name/given name? Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Birth name/given name? Help!

Post by Nim on Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 0:48

Read through all the topics, but couldnt find a good answer.

I just booked a flight with my birth name/given name: Helen Persson, but on my passport it says Maria Helen Inger Karin Persson.

Do I need to change this, even tho the signature on the passport states Helen Persson?

Even my Visa just have just those two names and mail I get rarely states more than those either. Just worried because Maria comes first before Helen on the passport:(

Please help! Thanks in advance Smile
Nim
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Birth name/given name? Help!

Post by HollandRyanair on Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 10:26

Nim wrote:Read through all the topics, but couldnt find a good answer.

I just booked a flight with my birth name/given name: Helen Persson, but on my passport it says Maria Helen Inger Karin Persson.

Do I need to change this, even tho the signature on the passport states Helen Persson?

Even my Visa just have just those two names and mail I get rarely states more than those either. Just worried because Maria comes first before Helen on the passport:(

Please help! Thanks in advance Smile

Yes, I'm afraid you need to change this. It should be the first name stated in your passport, which is Maria. So Maria Persson is what it should be and Helen Persson is not correct, even though that's the given name that you use. I've the same 'problem', so what I do is simply put in all my names Smile My advice is to call the Ryanair callcenter and be very apologetic and kindly ask if they will change is for you. The regular change fee is 100 euro's, but they've done it for 10 euro's for me one time.

Good luck
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim on Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 15:47

Thanks Smile

Did call them this morning and they changed it to Maria Helen for a fee of 10€. They said they would send me a new itinerary within 2 min but havent recived one yet. Do I need to call again?
Nim
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair on Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 16:45

Nim wrote:Thanks Smile

Did call them this morning and they changed it to Maria Helen for a fee of 10€. They said they would send me a new itinerary within 2 min but havent recived one yet. Do I need to call again?

Try to check your booking via 'Hantera min Bokning'(on the top of Ryanair homepage)--> Visa min Bokning --> Alternativ 3 (departure data, your email and route you fly). It should come up then Smile
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top