Cabin luggage question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cabin luggage question

Post by Jen1234 on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 13:31

Hello to all,

I'm going to fly to Stansted airport and I was taking a look at the cabin baggage dimensions. I am aware of the fact the Ryanair allows "strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm". My cabin suitcase is 56cm x 38cm x 18cm, but if I measure its wheels and handle too, it is 62cm x 38cm x 18cm. Am I going to have a problem with that?

Moreover, I am thinking of buying 4-5 bottles of alcoholic beverages from the duty free shops and put them inside the suitcase mentioned above. Is that going to be a problem? (Maybe they think it as something flammable, Idk)

Thank you in advance.
Jen1234
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Cabin luggage question

Post by HollandRyanair on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 14:47

Jen1234 wrote:Hello to all,

I'm going to fly to Stansted airport and I was taking a look at the cabin baggage dimensions. I am aware of the fact the Ryanair allows "strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm". My cabin suitcase is 56cm x 38cm x 18cm, but if I measure its wheels and handle too, it is 62cm x 38cm x 18cm. Am I going to have a problem with that?

Moreover, I am thinking of buying 4-5 bottles of alcoholic beverages from the duty free shops and put them inside the suitcase mentioned above. Is that going to be a problem? (Maybe they think it as something flammable, Idk)

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I think you will have a problem with this suitcase. The Ryanair max. dimensions includes everything, so wheels and handles as well. 7cm too height is really to big, so I advice you to bring another suitcase since Stansted is a huge Ryanair base. They will most likely be checking your suitcase and you'll end up paying a lot of money. Taking alcoholic beverages is no problem though as long as it fits in your single piece of cabin lugagge.

Cheers
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 17:12

If the bag does not fit the bag does not go - unless you € pay the extra, size(55cm x 40cm x 20cm) includes handles and wheels.
I have seen passengers remove wheels before just to make it fit bounce

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen1234 on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:48

Thank you for both of your answers!

Ryanairflyer wrote:I have seen passengers remove wheels before just to make it fit bounce
I've thought of that but unfortunately they are not removable. Sad
Jen1234
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top