Being charged fees to change spelling of name.......REALLY?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being charged fees to change spelling of name.......REALLY?!

Post by RachelH on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 15:47

Hi, I have struggled to find any sort of contact information on the website and have had no response to my query on your FB page since I posted around 4 hours ago.

I've just booked flights to Malaga for my Mum's 60th birthday and unfortunately entered their every day names as opposed to their passport names and now you're asking me to pay in excess of £200 to fix this. Its not a person change just an amendment to the spelling and something that no-one at Ryanair needs to get involved in as I can update this myself.

I am incredibly frustrated that this small tweak will cost me this much! I sincerely hope that someone can resolve this asap.

Regards
Rachel
Mad
RachelH
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Being charged fees to change spelling of name.......REALLY?!

Post by RachelH on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 17:14

anybody there?
RachelH
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 18:01

RachelH wrote:Hi, I have struggled to find any sort of contact information on the website and have had no response to my query on your FB page since I posted around 4 hours ago.

I've just booked flights to Malaga for my Mum's 60th birthday and unfortunately entered their every day names as opposed to their passport names and now you're asking me to pay in excess of £200 to fix this. Its not a person change just an amendment to the spelling and something that no-one at Ryanair needs to get involved in as I can update this myself.

I am incredibly frustrated that this small tweak will cost me this much! I sincerely hope that someone can resolve this asap.

Regards
Rachel
Mad

Hi and welcome,
1st post by RachelH Today at 2:47 pm
2nd post by RachelH Today at 4:14 pm
This is not 4 Hours. But I am unsure where you first post is, you only have 2 posts to your name.

Firstly we are not directly connected to Ryanair but a simple fan base who try to help others where possible, we have a large number of members with different experiences who will help and share the same (1) if they can (2) when they can, unfortunately a simple response to a thread may not arrive because members do not have the answer ..but bear with us most of the time we do.
Unfortunately once you add a name to the booking system it is logged and the fee is to change this - unfortunately adding a new name can be the equivalent of adding/changing passengers. unfortunately we all make mistakes .. I always double check my details are correct before committing to buy.

If you make a error when booking unfortunately it is that persons fault and not Ryanair's, but many have had such mistakes corrected when they have contacted Ryanair by phone - free of charge.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees Fees

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contacting-customer-service

UK Contact Number -0871 246 0000 - 10p per minute
Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more.
** lines are open Mon - Fri, 9:00 - 18:00 GMT , Sat 10:00 – 17:00 GMT and Sun 11.00 – 17.00 GMT.**

Give them a call before amending online and I hope you have the problem resolved ASAP.

regards

Additional Information

FLIGHT AND NAME CHANGES

Flight dates, times and routes are changeable (subject to seat availability).Such flight changes can be made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time either online (unless you have already checked in online*)or via a reservation centre (subject to opening hours). Internet/web only fares cannot be booked when flight changes are made through an airport or reservation centre. Bookings that include a Spanish resident discount or Spanish large family discount cannot be changed online, please contact a Ryanair reservation centre during opening hours.

Flight Change fees are charged per one way flight/per person. Prices vary and prices are seasonal - please see our Table of Fees for details . In addition to these flight change fees, any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available at the time of the flight change is charged. Please note that if the fare on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.

A passenger name can be changed online at the rate of £110/€110 or via the airport or reservation centre at the rate of £160/€160. Name changes can be made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time either online (unless you have already checked in online*)or via a reservation centre (subject to opening hours). Any name change made to a flight reservation must be for that individual passenger's complete flight itinerary.

Last edited by Ryanairflyer on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 19:01; edited 1 time in total

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RachelH on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 18:07

Thanks very much for your help.

Rachel
RachelH
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 19:02

Your Welcome.

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top