Motorcycle helmet on flight??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motorcycle helmet on flight??

Post by huluvuz on Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 22:15

Hello

I booked a flight from Chania to Sweden in 3 weeks

When i booked tickets i didnt checker any bag.I was planning to carry an unchecked Baggage free of charge into the aircraft cabin for my clothes. But my friends in Sweden arrange motorbike trips...So i have to take my helmet with me. What i can do in this case?? and also what it ll cost me
huluvuz
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Motorcycle helmet on flight??

Post by atoutprix on Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 12:22

If you can cram the helmet in your cabin bag, there is nothing to do (provided your bag is still within the limits of size and weight);
if you have to put it in a checked baggage, you can buy it even after the booking :

Each passenger may check in up to two checked bags upon payment of the applicable checked baggage fees by electing to purchase a checked baggage allowance of either 15 kilos or 20 kilos when make their initial booking. After the booking is made checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage My Booking facility up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight and are discounted when booked on-line.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-checkedbaggage
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by huluvuz on Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 18:18

Thanks for the info man

but before i post this topic i read the general terms about baggages

Unfortunatelly helmet is little thicker and doesnt fit... But there is no way to let it of my hands during the trip...Its too expensive to trust it in someone else hands...

A guy in a motorcycle forum told me that he encounter problems when he traveled from chania to cyprus (he has his helmet as handbag) but on the way back he didnt have any problem :/
huluvuz
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top