Validity in passport

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Validity in passport

Post by onlyabril on Thu 16 May 2013 - 14:57

I'm flying with you in July from Oslo to BCN and from BCN to Cagliari. I have a mexican passport with all my norwegian visums.

My passport expires on November, and I'm traveling on July. Could be any problem because my passport isn't valid more than 4 months after I come back to Oslo? I have contact both the Spanish and Italian embassy and they told me it won't be any problem at all as long my passport is valid during my stay in those countries, because the Schengen agreements. But I wanna make sure I won't have any problem with you guys or that I'm risiking to be deny to check in or boarding.

Thanks for your answer

onlyabril
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Validity in passport

Post by atoutprix on Thu 16 May 2013 - 15:12

"We guys" are Ryanair fans, not members of the Ryanair staff !
Besides, the rules about the necessary passports and visas are not Ryanair's, but enforced by the civilian authorities, the border police for instance.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-traveldocumentation

It is each passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that he or she has valid travel documentation which meets the requirements of Ryanair, immigration and other authorities at every destination. Please also note that
Ľ A valid travel document is required by all passengers travelling on Ryanair flights (including infants).
Ľ A passport for travel outside the EEA (European Economic Area) must be valid for period of intended stay

In order to ensure compliance, passengers should carry a valid passport (and visa if applicable) or EU/EEA government issued national identification card on all journeys. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of breach of these requirements shall be paid by or charged to you.

6.4 All non-EU/EEA citizens must have their travel documents checked and Boarding Pass stamped at our Visa/Document Check Desk before going through airport security.

If the Spanish, Italian and Norwegian authorities agree, you should have no problem with Ryanair.
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Validity in passport

Post by onlyabril on Thu 16 May 2013 - 15:29

Thank you Smile

Sorry for the "you guys"
onlyabril
FR Starter