Mozzarella on the fly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mozzarella on the fly

Post by italianflyer on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 18:14

Can i transport with me some kg of mozzarella? I don't want to buy it in airport shore.
italianflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mozzarella on the fly

Post by atoutprix on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 18:54

Here is for instance what it says on the Ciampino website about the hand baggage :
http://www.enac-italia.it/SecurityInformative/Informativa.htm

The liquids are banned in large quantities including : gels, pastes, liquid-solid mixtures, and other items of similar consistency.
I am under the impression that mozarella would be included amongst them. It all depends on the security agents of the airport : some are more understanding, perhaps you can ask in advance ?
It seems dubious if mozzarella is on sale in the shops airside, after the security check - but if it is, of course, the problem is solved, as you can take on board anything bought there.

As regards the checked-in baggage, of course you can put as much mozzarella as you like !
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=prohibitedchecked

Buon appetito !
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by italianflyer on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 19:26

I have read here http://www.enac-italia.it/SecurityInformative/Informativa.htm that i can put in the baggage (not hand baggage) but the baggage that i will take at the airport destination, all quantity of liquid. If i have understand good i can put mozzarella with their liquid in my baggage is ok?
italianflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 20:05

I'm not sure, because it comes with a liquid, and the security checkers have to see what it is. If it's not more then 100 ml, it's ok (I'm afraid 100 ml is including the mozzarella).

If you buy it on the airport (after the security control) there is no problem.

Dutch cheese is no problem: I've transported it several times.
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 21:21

I think if you are bringing hard grated mozzarella then you are ok but if you are bringing soft buffalo mozzarella then it will be taken from you by security control when they look at your carry on baggage. Laughing
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by italianflyer on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 6:00

the problem is that my buffalo's mozzarella is more good then the mozzarella sales in the airport. I want know if ryanair use the condition that i have read here----> http://www.enac-italia.it/SecurityInformative/Informativa.htm i means that the liquid are accepted in the baggage that i get at check in and i take at the airport destination. I want a reply of any members of ryanair i don't know. I must part from roma ciampino.
italianflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 9:53

It's a simple EU-wide rule. NO LIQUIDS can be carried in ANY container over 100ml. Now I have NO idea how you carry your mozzarella cheese, BUT IF the container is capable of containing over 100ml of liquid then it's a NO-NO going through security in Cabin Baggage. If the container can hold OVER 100ml, then it must go in the hold if you want it to fly with you.

It's NOT a Ryanair thing, it's a EU Directive.
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top