Rather disappointed to receive a rejection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rather disappointed to receive a rejection

Post by g4jnw on Wed 23 Sep 2015 - 17:18

I unfortunately had a back injury which resorted in an operation so filled in a refund request but it appears you have to be seriously ill or dead to get a refund, considering we have flown quite a few times with Ryanair and even sent them thank you's its the first time i have been dissapointed, the flight isn't till November but i cannot sit for 4 hours and am told i won't be returning to work till christmas.

How many read the terms and conditions but they were really quick to quote them, its not a big amount for Ryanair but we will be thinking about using a different airline from now on which is such a shame.

I even offered the tickets out to people but didn't realise how much it would cost to change names, even if i change to a different flight am not sure if we can do that after the flight date into next year and then it will cost me as much as a flight, Ryanair have it all sewed up, including me!!

Here is the message i got from them, will cut out the names etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I acknowledge receipt of your online claim dated 16th September 2015.

It is with regret that I have learned of your reasons for contacting us on this occasion.

I regret to advise that, our Terms and Conditions of Carriage (which you agreed at the time of booking) confirm that all Ryanair tickets are non-refundable.á

Prior to your travel date, changes to your flight dates/routes/times and passenger names can be made online or by contacting our Reservations Department. A change fee and possible fare upgrade fee may be payable in order to do this.

Whilst I sympathise with your circumstances, I regret that Ryanair cannot accede to your request for a refund in this case.

I recommend you contact your travel insurer with regard to this claim.

Yours sincerely,
g4jnw
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Rather disappointed to receive a rejection

Post by Ryanair Ltd. on Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 9:29

Hello g4jnw,
I hope the ticket wasn't too expensive because I regret you are going to have to loose it.
It's shamefull with all those profits, they could at least refund... and if they did they would sell your seats again and more expensive...

Good luck!
All best!✈️
Ryanair Ltd.
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by g4jnw on Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 13:07

ú250 trouble is Ryanair will loose a lot more as we fly quite a bit with them, if we can't change for a flight somewhere in 2016 (i won't be fit enough till then) even though i will have to pay extra, then i will simply loose the money.
my wife suggested checking in online and just not turning up, at least then they can't use the seat
g4jnw
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanair Ltd. on Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 21:53

Yes, it would be better to do that. Check-in and don't show up.
They don't care, if you are not there the flight will still depart on-time. You know..
It has happened to other people as well, for health issues they cant fly.
I had to loose 2 tickets also, luckily it was only 60 euros. It was cheaper than changing them.
It's just like that, I can't change anything, I wish I could help you.
Its true at this point with such profits Ryanair has to change more..

Hope you get well.

Best!
Ryanair Ltd.
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down