Using only the return portion of a ticket

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using only the return portion of a ticket

Post by sprite on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 21:18

Hey folks,

I did a search but I couldn't find anything - that may however be just due to my ineptness Smile

I booked a return flight Stansted-Aarhus for next week, flying out to Aarhus on Tuesday, coming back the following week. I booked it when the ú1 september offer was on, so I also booked another single flight out on the Thursday, so I had a choice of days to go out.

I won't be taking the flight out on Tuesday now, but still need to use the return portion of the ticket to come back the following week.

Indication is that this is possible with RyanAir since they book as two single tickets anyway, and I won't get stranded or anything? Can anyone confirm?

I'd like to check in online (hand luggage only) for the return flight, but won't be able to do that until I'm already in Aarhus so I don't want to get stuck if for some reason I can't! (ie. if I didn't check in for the first flight online).

Should I ring them in advance of Tuesday, or can I just leave it, take my flight on Thursday and not need to worry about anything?

Thanks in advance Very Happy
sprite
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Using only the return portion of a ticket

Post by don_salvatore87 on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:00

It should'nt be a problem to use the return ticket, and the booking doesn't get cancelled for not showing up at the check-in.

Did you specify that you will use the Online Check N Go facility when you booked your ticket? If you don't check-in online for the flight to aarhus you will still be able to check-in online for the return flight as long as you check in from 5 days before to 4 hrs before the departure time at www.ryanair.com PS. You need a printer to print out the boardingpass
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sprite on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:28

don_salvatore87 wrote:It should'nt be a problem to use the return ticket, and the booking doesn't get cancelled for not showing up at the check-in.

Did you specify that you will use the Online Check N Go facility when you booked your ticket? If you don't check-in online for the flight to aarhus you will still be able to check-in online for the return flight as long as you check in from 5 days before to 4 hrs before the departure time at www.ryanair.com PS. You need a printer to print out the boardingpass

Fantastic, thank you for the reply.

Yep I've done that. I'm a bit of a frequent flyer Smile I'm quite fond of Ryanair... my brother's always moaning about how awful they are, late blah blah blah, but I've flown ten times this year and I've been late twice; once by 10 minutes, once by 1 minute!

Thank you especially for confirming the bits in bold. Smile I was worried the booking for the return flight would vanish off the system if I didn't fly out beforehand on the same booking! Smile
sprite
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top