Tripod troubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tripod troubles

Post by fly4w4y on Thu 5 Feb 2009 - 7:22

Hi to everybody!

Last time I've took two differents flights in the same day [CIA ╗ BGY + BGY ╗ CAG] and with me I've took a photographic tripod insered into my backpack [it's made in light aluminium and is 55 cm long when closed].

In CIA Metal Detector area I had a problem with my tripod [...controllers don't allow me to board my tripod as a part of my hand baggage], but after them gentle tip, I've made a classic check in on desk [...without pay any added tax]...and tripod become an "external piece" of my hand baggage, marked with a traditional "hold luggage" adhesive stick. After this little setback I was able to board anything like hand baggage into the plane cabin and I arrived to BGY without any problems.

Ok...
In BGY MD area I had the same problem with controllers...I have explained them what happened in CIA, but nobody had consider tripod as a part of my hand baggage. Currently my tripod is stowed in BGY baggage deposit, but I've solved this problem with a friend of mine who will take my tripod for me early.

Well, the question that I would ask to FR frequent flyers is...why [...and other airlines website] doesn't talk about tripod as like a prohibited item, in Term and condition webpage Question

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Note
I've read many and many times that page and tripods never are mentioned in any part of this section.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

What do you think about, mates?
Thanks in advance for your answer about.
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top