Charleroi Airport - How to get it early in the morning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charleroi Airport - How to get it early in the morning?

Post by peshas on Fri 17 Apr 2009 - 15:42

I have a flight in 23rd of April from charleroi airport at 6.30 am, and the gates are closing at 6.00am. How can I get at the airport on time from Brussels Nord station?

I know for 13 euros shuttle bus to airport, but the first one leaving for airport at 4.30am at the earliest, so in perfect way I could only reach airport at 5.30am and the gates are closing in 6.00am.

Another option is train to charleroi sud + bus to airport it's even cheaper - 10.50 euros. First part (train from brussels nord to charleroi sud) is good, because I have train at midnight and I am on charleroi sud at 2.00am at the latest. But second part is bad - the first bus from charleroi sud to airport is at 5.25am earliest. So, in perfect way (11km to airport in 10 minutes) I am at the airport at 5.35-5.40. Again, only 20 minutes to find the entrance, flight check in, and all that stuff. You'll agree - it is not enough.

So, people, please help in find another cheap way. I cannot do walking from charleroi sud station to airport it is 11km long way. Help!!!

Last edited by peshas on Fri 17 Apr 2009 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong information about time)
peshas
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Charleroi Airport - How to get it early in the morning?

Post by atoutprix on Fri 17 Apr 2009 - 16:27

The 04.30 bus at the Brussels Midi railway station runs just for the passengers of the 06.30 flights, I have made use of it quite a few times (there is also a bus just after, at 04.45).
It takes about 45/50 minutes to reach the airport (at that early hour, there is so to speak no traffic on the streets nor on the highway); the bus stops just at the doors of the terminal; you have time to check-in, pass the security control and be at 06.00 at the gates, which are not that far away - it's not Dublin, you know !

It helps if you have all your documents at hand, and if you have only one hand baggage, of the right dimensions.

You are due to be at the gate at 06.00, yes. In fact, the boarding begins (with the priority pax) around 06.00 or 06.10, when the cabin crew is ready; and the boarding lasts some 10 or 15 minutes, more or less.
If you are really late due to a delayed bus, ask to jump the queue at the control, I am sure they will oblige.

The real problem is how to reach the bus stop at Brussels in time for the 04.30 bus - as there are no public transport running so early - only taxy's ...
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2389
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by peshas on Fri 17 Apr 2009 - 16:35

thanks man. but isn't it the bus stop at brussels midi station? It's easy to reach that station, isn't it? by train from brussels nord?
peshas
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Fri 17 Apr 2009 - 17:03

A lot of trains run between North and Midi via the "Junction" but, as far as I know, not between 1.30 and 5 am ...
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Mon 20 Apr 2009 - 12:57

As the CRL terminal is open 24/24, you could consider arriving there in the evening and spend the night in the terminal ...
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top