East Midlands to Bratislava

View previous topic View next topic Go down

East Midlands to Bratislava

Post by rambling on Thu 28 May 2009 - 23:04

East Midlands to Bratislava is a regular route for us as we live in Nottingham and my parents in law live in Vienna. So we got a bit of a shock when we checked the website today and found there are no flights advertised after July 15th on this route. Can anyone explain what is going on? There is nothing about this in the news. I cannot believe that all flights after this date are booked out. Furthermore, my parents in law already have a return flight booked over this route for August, yet the flights the are travelling on are no longer being advertised!!

Grateful if anyone has any insider information on what is going on here. Has something happened to this route?

Shannon
rambling
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: East Midlands to Bratislava

Post by Mushroom on Thu 28 May 2009 - 23:08

Possibly the flights are full already, check the timetables with EMA and FR webby
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rambling on Thu 28 May 2009 - 23:28

I would find it hard to believe that this was due to all the flights after July 15th being full. Compare the flights with, for example, the Bratislava-Bristol route, which has full availability throughout and through to near Christmas. East Midlands is a regional airport and the volumes are not so high. It doesn't stack up.

A glitch in the website would be easier to believe. I'm just worrying a bit.
rambling
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanderel on Fri 29 May 2009 - 15:06

that's the same thing which happened when there was the problem with the german court at weeze. no bookings allowed after a certain date. do check if there are other flights to the same destination.
Vanderel
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rambling on Fri 29 May 2009 - 17:15

I've checked that. See above. Bristol to Bratislava over the July-October period is fully available. The issue seems to be specific to the East Midlands-Bratislava route as far as I can see.
rambling
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Fri 29 May 2009 - 22:42

Well, some times, frequencies and routes are changing in june/july so it may means this flight is being cancelled or hang out for few weeks... Hope not of course, but nobody knows anyway...
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Hopefully not the same as our issue....

Post by ekd on Sat 30 May 2009 - 15:16

Hi There,

Hopefully it's not the same as my issue. We had a large group booked on Dublin to Basel for July.

We heard that the route had been cancelled. For about a month after this announcement, you could book no flights dub - bsl on any dates in July. All flights seemed "full".

Eventually they cancelled our flights & returned our cash. We were able to rebook through Milan (Bergamo).

I would class myself as a great fan of MOL & RA, but this one did annoy me a bit. They delayed cancelling our flights, while alternative routes were all the time increasing in price. Poor form.

ANYHOW, hopefully that's not your issue, but it looks possible to me!

Regards,

Enda.
ekd
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rambling on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 10:47

Hi all, I bit the bullet and rang Ryanair customer service. They have told me that there is a dispute between Ryanair and one of the airports involved and that flights on this route have been pulled off the site pending resolution of this dispute. The dispute must be something effecting the specific scheduling of this route, because most/all other routes from both East Midlands and Bratislava seem to be ok. The slightly more optimistic news is that there are apparently no current plans to cancel the route. Crossing fingers that it's sorted out within the next few days.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll let you know of any developments.
rambling
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top