Double booked flight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double booked flight

Post by Sunflower on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 10:38

Hey there!
I have a small problem. Some weeks ago I tried to book a flight from Weeze to Birmingham. Since it was quite late and the Ryanair site was quite busy there have been some IT-problems on this page. Unfortunatly, I thought my first booking was not confirmed and so I booked it again.

After a while I got two confirmation emails......booked twice the same flight!
Does anyone know how I can cancel one flight so I get the money back??????????
I got another email off Ryanair with two hotline numbers which I can call from Germany. But unfortunatly I never can reach any responsible person, the line is busy all the damn time........ the number I already have is: 0900 11 60 600!
Does anyone a better hotline where I can reach a contact person!
CHEEERS!

Sunflower
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Double booked flight

Post by MrHoyt on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 11:08

You can change time, date and destination (for a fee ofc) , but forget any money back....
MrHoyt
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflower on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 11:48

Cheers for reply, trollhattan!
Did you have any similar experiences? I mean maybe it was my fault.... but at least their site absolutly crashed..... :-(
Even if I got an email off them?.... this is my first bad experience with Ryanair....
Im absolutely angry coz really no hotline is working...... U think I should directly call the Irish/English number?
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 13:35

Hi mate!
Normally they're not turning the money back, but if there was some problem with their website it may works.... If you are close to the FR's airport try to go there and ask in FR's desk. If they can't help you the only way will be call center...
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 23:05

I had a similar problem, but ticket price was about 1 euro, tax free.. so I didn't lost a lot. When an error accours I dont refresh or book another flight I just checking out my e-mail adress till get some confirmation...
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Location : Koszalin, Poland (nearest FR airport - SZZ - Szczecin)
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 3:26

My friend had a similar problem, book a flight, website went silly, booked again, found they had booked 2 flights on same flight. Called Ryanair, explained, and was refunded all money as it was obvious there wouldn't be 2 people of the same name, booking with same card and same details etc on one flight.

See the first article here, http://www.ryanairfanclub.com/news.html, and follow the details there to contact Ryanair through an international number, rather than a premium rate phone line. This will get you through to Dublin's customer services.
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by IRISHTAXIDRIVER on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 6:13

Always wait a while for the confirmation email to come through, their site can be very temperamental.
IRISHTAXIDRIVER
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflower on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 14:37

Cheers for help!
Well, it was not the first time I booked a flight off Ryanair....nevertheless, I still trying to contact even the Irish number....senseless. :-(
All I can hear is a beeping tones...
Steve, I checked the link you posted here... but Im soory, I cant really find the number? :-(
Maybe u give me another tip?
Bye for now
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflower on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 15:04

Well, Ive found this number on the internet: +353 1 2480856
I will try to contact them.... nevertheless its a big brassiness all these German contact numbers arent available.....
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:13

OK, and what do you think about this situation?
I saw many €5 tickets on WRO-Alicante route. Thought to myself - really nice opportunity and asked my friends if they want to go with me? Unfortunatelly it was really hard to find 4 tickets on that price and good dates (one which suited for us said during the booking process "sorry - no more 4 tickets for €5 anymore"). We've found another one and booked as soon as possible. Unfortunatelly after working with my transaction there was "Session Expired" site. After that there, again, was no more 4 €5 flights on that route. So we've decided to give up and I've booked flights for me and my girlfriend only.
After few hours, I've checked a mail which states three bookings! Those for 4 ppl ("Session expired" site) is confirmed and bank account has been charged. It will take place in february, but this way I'd like to cancel my november's (me and my girlfriend) reservation. How do you think, may it work? If not, I don't care, I go three times to Alicante during 3 months, and the last two will be in 10 days Wink
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflower on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 10:02

Heeey amnesia!
I have good news.... after it was so hard to find out the appopriate number, I didnt hesitate to contact Dublin...... if u check one of my postings above, theres a number.
As for me, I tried to explain my situation....and for my suprise, Ryanair was verry very nice and they said, they will refund my double flight. This means, after our conversation I got another email off Ryanair and they confirmed my cancellation...for this double booking.
Now Im waiting and I should get my money back in the next 8 working days!
So just dont hesitate and contact Ryanair..... If ur not able to cancel...just have a good time in Alicante!
Bye BYE
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 11:04

Yeah, but you see, You've booked the same flight (date) twice, and I've booked for not same people and same date. So it might be hard to explain and prove the true.
Anyway, as I said, unless I fly three times. Two of them might be just connecting flights to Santiago an Mallorca, third will be Alicante visit Wink
Let's see, I inform how will this situation finish.
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflower on Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 12:58

Ryainair will stay one of my favourite airlines. They refund the money for my double flight which was nice. For all people from Germany: If u have similar problems or some questions, never call the German number, ring directly Ryainair in Dublin and they make sure u stay their customer for further flights!Smile
Sunflower
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RoastCat on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 1:14

I have just discovered that I also double booked, for three people on the same flight on the same day. I used an American card first and gave the wrong address and it didn't go through. I never got confirmation so I figured with the wrong address (admitedly my mistake) that was that. So i re-booked with a UK card. But only a month later discovered that the original card went through several days after the booking. Though I still did not receive confirmation email!

I take heart in your posts, that Ryan Air would understand as they should that the same passengers would not be booked twice on the same flights. And therefore refund the extra flight.
RoastCat
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Hair on Wed 4 May 2011 - 21:59

I STRONGLY believe that this is not just some website error. I have seen this on numerous online booking websites. most recently with europecar.

How many of those customers who discover they have booked twice actually go to the effort (a lot of effort for non english speaking countries) of recovering their funds? A fair number don't I imagine.

I recently booked flights and got the error page saying "if you are not redirected in 10 seconds click here" i waited a minute. I clicked, nothing, clicked again, again again.. nothing. So I close the page. I wait ten minutes for an email confirmation but there's not one.

I re-open the ryanair web page and because the site has installed a 'cooky' on my computer, it knows my last visit was at this time and i searched this route. I'm just about to book again when - low and behold - the confirmation email pops in.

THIS IS A BLATANT SCAM!!

IT'S DESIGNED TO TRICK PEOPLE INTO THINKING THEIR BOOKINGS HAVEN'T BEEN PROCESSED AND AWAITS FOR PEOPLE TO RE-HIT THEIR WEBSITE OR REBOOK COMPLETELY BEFORE SENDING THE CONFIRMATIONS.

OUTRAGED!!!! Mad

Luckily I know someone working at the BBC and they love a good scoop, I'll see they're interested in meeting someone from the Ryan air IT department for a little chat. Are you reading this Ryanair?? Of course you are...
Ryan Hair
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar on Thu 5 May 2011 - 1:31

So a computer error is a scam now is it?

Good luck with your 'scoop' at the BBC, I'm sure it's top of their priority to report your misfortune.

If you're so peeved about the double booking write to Ryanair and you will be refunded, the address for which you will find at Ryanair.com.

Oh, and we have a little thing called etiquette on the internet, where we don't bump year old threads!

Thread locked

Disclaimer: All views expressed in the above post are opinion based, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, etc.
Smile
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top