HELP ! Visa/passport check for non EU/EEA in Skavsta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP ! Visa/passport check for non EU/EEA in Skavsta

Post by girlfrom on Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 23:12

Hi ! I', flying Ryanair for the first time in some weeks, I´m going to Stockholm from Berlin and back.
The only buses available from Stockholm to Skavsta airport, arrive there 1:30 hours before the plane departs. (at 5:05 AM, whilst the plane departs at 6:30)
Will I have enough time to do the passport check ?? Is this a special, fast desk, or I have to do the same row as the people that is travelling with luggage?? (I´m not)

thanks !! I don't want to miss my plane, I suppose that if the buses arrive at this time they must have everything under control .... but just in case !! Rolling Eyes
girlfrom
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP ! Visa/passport check for non EU/EEA in Skavsta

Post by stevestrac on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 3:47

I'm sorry, but I have no experience with non-EU passports and Ryanair. But I do believe that 1:30 hours before departure at Skavska "should" be plenty of time.

More info here..... http://ryanair.site-forums.com/ryanair-destinations-f15/nyo-stockholm-skavsta-sweden-t448.htm

Two things..... firstly, Skavsta airport is tiny, I was there last September and it's SMALL. Secondly, travelling at the time of the morning, I can't see the roads in the area will be too busy, most bus timings include a little extra for heavy traffic, to ensure their passengers arrive with sufficient time.

My last bit of advice for you is, as soon as you get into the terminal, find an airport member of staff, either at the Ryanair ticket desk, a check-in desk or at the information desk and ask. Find the smallest queue out of them listed and ASK, the sooner you find out the information, the sooner it will be sorted out.

It won't take too long to get through to airside, but as it's a 6.30am flight, then it might be busier than I have seen it, as this is when the first flights of the day fly out and if you have all over-night planes fully loaded, it could be busier than I have witnessed at about 10pm

I know it's probably not much help, but hope it gives you a little hope.
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by IRISHTAXIDRIVER on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 6:26

If you've online check-in it will be easier, but 1:30 seems fine, I'm not sure if there will be a check by the police as you're travelling between two Schengen countries (there was no passport check arriving there from Bratislava). My passport was checked by them when departing from Skavsta (this is done airside just before you go to the gate), but I was coming back to Ireland (non-Schengen).
IRISHTAXIDRIVER
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by girlfrom on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 19:07

Hi, thanks for the answers, yes will checkin online and I have no luggage, so I guess the time will be enough, Anyway I'll ask tourist information when i get to the airport, they will surely help me Smile
girlfrom
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 0:39

girlfrom wrote:Hi, thanks for the answers, yes will checkin online and I have no luggage, so I guess the time will be enough, Anyway I'll ask tourist information when i get to the airport, they will surely help me Smile

I think they can't help you at the tourist office, you can better go to the Ryanair office.
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top